Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: new QB coach

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

new QB coach

Oh, just had to set you straight if you didn't know!! I have no clue on the coach's first name.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

new QB coach

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Oh, just had to set you straight if you didn't know!! I have no clue on the coach's first name.
    Anybody have a link to the story reporting the filling of the WR coach position?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

new QB coach

Wes Chandler

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5254483.html

Vikings hire Chandler as receivers coach
    Mark Craig, Star Tribune
    February 23, 2005 VIKE0223

The Vikings hired former San Diego Chargers standout wide receiver Wes Chandler Tuesday afternoon to fill the team's vacant receivers coach position and complete coach Mike Tice's staff.

Chandler, a member of the Chargers' Hall of Fame and an integral player in San Diego's Air Coryell attack from 1981-87, served as the Dallas Cowboys receivers coach from 2000-02. He has been out of football since.

Chandler coached in NFL Europe from 1991-99, including a stint as the Berlin Thunder's head coach.

Others considered for the Vikings receiver position were Mose Rison, Larry Kirksey, Kevin Higgins and Chris Walsh. Walsh, who helped special teams coach Rusty Tillman in 2004, is expected to remain on the staff in some capacity in 2005.

In 11 NFL seasons, Chandler caught 559 passes for 8,966 yards (16.0-yard average) and 56 touchdowns.

Chandler replaces Charlie Baggett, who left after the 2004 season to become a Miami Dolphins assistant.

Vikings release five

Five veterans have been released because of their contract status, health or future plans with the team. Released were center Cory Withrow, cornerback Terrance Shaw, running back Larry Ned, cornerback Rhett Nelson and receiver Kenny Clark, who has career-ending back surgery before last season.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

new QB coach

yah i didnt type central sorry!

vikingsdiva is offline Pro-Bowler

new QB coach

"ADubya26" wrote:
    Only thing I have against Pepper is that he does not make those risky, game altering throws down the field.

I dont even care about his stats, as long as his numbers convert to points and, ultimately, WINS.

Defense and Special Teams play equal roles of course, but we should be putting up a lot more points than we did last season.
    I'm sure this has been touched on. But did you ever wonder if the reason that Pep was so conservative sometimes was due to Linehan? It seemed like he really made Pep pull in on the reins sometimes. I noticed in two years ago. He wasn't playing the same. Then I heard Linehan didn't like some risky plays like pep running in the ball or when he fumbled abazillion times. I always blamed Linehan for making pep color inside the lines too much. Did coordinaters like it when Tark scrambled? No but it was what was comfortable for him. So I'd like to see a coordinator allow more control for Culpepper &co. That being said: I thought this year was much better for that.
    Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.
    --Joe Theismann

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

new QB coach

im thinkin maybe he was trying to cut down the number of turnovers? who knows?

chennegar is offline Rookie

new QB coach

I also think they were trying to reel in the turnovers. You know Tice might have alot to do with that also. He might have made the call to dink and dunk to protect the defense.

vikingsdiva is offline Pro-Bowler

new QB coach

Yah but it ultimately sucked sometimes!!
    Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.
    --Joe Theismann

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234