Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new QB coach

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

new QB coach

Olson, who has nine years experience in the NFL, was San Francisco's quarterbacks coach last season and served as Arizona's offensive coordinator from 2001-02.

Olson will replace Scott Linehan and work closely with Daunte Culpepper, who set several team records in 2004 and made his third Pro Bowl. Culpepper's career took off under the tutelage of Linehan -- who left to become Miami's offensive coordinator.

Vikings offensive line coach Steve Loney was promoted last month to replace Linehan as offensive coordinator.

Coach Mike Tice is still searching for a wide receivers coach to replace Charlie Baggett, who joined Linehan with the Dolphins.

www.redzone.org

new QB coach

Dont know much about him, but I hope he teaches Pepper how to balance taking risks/minimizing turnovers.

Culpepper had an amazing year last year and kept his turnovers down, but I think he was a little hesitant to pull the trigger on some risky passes. If he can improve that aspect of his game, watch out he'll be on fire.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

new QB coach

"ADubya26" wrote:
    Dont know much about him, but I hope he teaches Pepper how to balance taking risks/minimizing turnovers.

Culpepper had an amazing year last year and kept his turnovers down, but I think he was a little hesitant to pull the trigger on some risky passes. If he can improve that aspect of his game, watch out he'll be on fire.
    I dont know much about him either. But like you said on the risky passes, if he does that he will really get over 40 possibly 45 TD's next year.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

new QB coach

yah i was lookin forward to takin alot more shots down feild... didnt see too many this year.. i think chris walsh should be ST coach also tillman is a fag

new QB coach

I think he would have had 40-45 LAST season if Moss wasnt hurt half the time.

Culpepper is so close to being great, and he improves each year it seems like. Maybe this new guy will push him over the hump.

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

new QB coach

Culpepper is great. Look at his numbers in his 5 years as a starter and comapre them to other QB's. Only thing is his fumbles. Fix that and the skys the limit....

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

new QB coach

"XTAP59" wrote:
    Culpepper is great. Look at his numbers in his 5 years as a starter and comapre them to other QB's. Only thing is his fumbles. Fix that and the skys the limit....
    In the 03 season he had more fumbles than INT's, thats the thing that pissed me off. I think he will have well over 40 TD's next year, under 10 INT's and hopefully not many fumbles.

new QB coach

Only thing I have against Pepper is that he does not make those risky, game altering throws down the field.

I dont even care about his stats, as long as his numbers convert to points and, ultimately, WINS.

Defense and Special Teams play equal roles of course, but we should be putting up a lot more points than we did last season.

new QB coach

Once we have a good defense that can hold a lead for us, we are a super bowl team.

rkuriger04 is offline Rookie

new QB coach

tice was talking about using chris walsh to fill the vacancy as the wide receivers coach

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast