Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

New pricetag for a new Vikes' stadium: $870M

New pricetag for a new Vikes' stadium: $870M

By BOB VON STERNBERG, Star Tribune
    Last update: December 17, 2009 - 1:01 PM

Building a new stadium on the site of the Metrodome would cost $870 million, according to a report presented today to the Domes landlords.

That compares to the most recent $954 million pricetag of a new stadium, primarily because of lower product and labor costs, according to Bill Lester, executive director of the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission (MSFC).

According to Mortenson Construction, the cost decreased by nine percent since February of 2009 a savings of $84 million.

What weve learned is that the time to do this is now, commission chairman Roy Terwilliger said in a prepared statement.

Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

Re: New pricetag for a new Vikes' stadium: $870M

The Vikings were originally part of this new plan, but they have since withdrawn their support of the MSFC. They were not at today's meeting. Here is their official statement:
    The Minnesota Vikings appreciate the work by the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission (MSFC) to develop a stadium design and cost study for a new multi-purpose stadium on the current Metrodome site. This design work makes an important contribution that will assist Minnesota policymakers and the Vikings as we evaluate options to keep the team in Minnesota for the next generation.

While we have had the opportunity to provide some input into the Commission stadium design project, we are not in a position at this time to endorse their proposal. Given the MSFCs recent attempt to delay a stadium discussion for two years, we are moving forward with those leaders who want to resolve this issue in 2010. There is growing support among elected officials, business leaders, organized labor and Vikings fans to tackle this issue during the 2010 Legislative Session. We are encouraged by the increasing level of awareness that this issue needs to be resolved now in order to secure the long-term future of the team in Minnesota.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re:New pricetag for a new Vikes' stadium: $870M

Build them a freakin stadium already! C'mon Zygi fork over some cash to show the residents of Minny that you're not taking them anywhere and then the public support will come out of the woodwork!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

Please Zygi Don't let my Vikings go!!!
    Purple till i die

It's a given that if someone comes to a fork in the road, if there are 2 ways to get to your destination, you have a better chance of doing that, then one.

Basically they could at least listen to what they say. Send an intern over with a digital recorder or something.

Why put all your eggs in 1 basket(i'm sure ned likes that analogy lol) :P
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

VKG4LFE wrote:
    Build them a freakin stadium already! C'mon Zygi fork over some cash to show the residents of Minny that you're not taking them anywhere and then the public support will come out of the woodwork!
    I think Wilf has committed to paying a third of the cost. Unlike the Colts stadium where the Colts paid less than a seventh of the cost of their new stadium.

I think Zygi is being more than fair on his side. It is time for some public support.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

It's pretty evident that the Vikings are on their way out of town.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Blog Entries

VKG4LFE wrote:
    He has forked over cash every year since he acquired the team. From facility upgrades to staff upgrades to player upgrades. And he previously committed to $250 million for a new stadium. And he has endorsed and committed to two different stadium proposals (entering into intent to buy contracts with surrounding land both times).

I don't know what else you want him to do...
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Blog Entries

STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES wrote:
    It's a given that if someone comes to a fork in the road, if there are 2 ways to get to your destination, you have a better chance of doing that, then one.

Basically they could at least listen to what they say. Send an intern over with a digital recorder or something.

Why put all your eggs in 1 basket(i'm sure ned likes that analogy lol) :P
    Since the Vikings helped design this plan, I don't think that they need to send anyone over to get the info. They withdrew their support of the MSFC when the MSFC tried to strong arm them into extending their lease two more years and is penalizing them an additional $8 million for not signing the extension.

Until the MSFC rescends that stupid $8 million penalty, the Vikings won't work with them. A new stadium can, and probably should, be built without MSFC involvement.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Blog Entries

C Mac D wrote:
    It's pretty evident that the Vikings are on their way out of town.
    I disagree. The stadium issue has become much more of a talking point locally, and there are a LOT of legislators who are on board with it.

I honestly think that the stadium deal will get done in 2010.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast