Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    nfl-forums is offline Rookie

Re: New Ownership FUBARing this Team

"mattjenny3" wrote:
    "nfl-forums" wrote:
    "Jarlvik2006" wrote:
    Sorry to rant on my first post- I warned everyone in my "Free Beers" introduction. SKOL VIKES! :cheers:
    That, quite honestly, might be the best response I have heard to my post just yet.

I actually do agree with much of what you said. I will say that I think the next few years are going to be very tough, and I do think there is reason to question changing the entire schemes that we use, but overall your points are well taken.

At least you didn't try and accuse me of being a Packers fan. :roll:
    Packer's fan :smile:
    :bootyshake:

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

,"nfl-forums" wrote:
    "mattjenny3" wrote:
    You lose all credibility when you make comments like you did in #5. If you think we need someone with a name, than you don't know anything about football. Oh wait, I think Rice is available... :???:
    Elsewhere you will see that I am not saying that we need a name. The point I was trying to make is that we are not going after the places that we have an apparent need and that with the money we do have, we should at least be able to get every single person in for at least a visit.

Personally, I'm glad we didn't sign Edge or another big name RB (although Alexander would have been cool). I did make this point throughout the thread, but I don't blame you for not reading the whole thing - there's a lot of text there.

The 4 biggest areas of need the Vikes had going to FA (in no particular order).
    1. Linebacker
    2. O-line
    3. running back
    4. Safety

1. Ben Leber, He lost his starting job to Shawne Merriman after he was hurt. Is good in coverage and going into his 5th year, he could be a very solid pickup.

2. Hutchinson, Vikings sign him to the biggest deal ever for a guard, he is considered the best guard in football right now, and he is young too!

3. Taylor, considered to be the 4th best back in FA from quite a few articles I read, with Jamal and Edge older and with more wear and tear I can see why the Vikes went for him.

4. Safety We had 2 of the top safeties available set to come in on the same day (the 3rd day of FA), and Twin Cities is hit with major winter storm. The meeting are delayed a day and we lose out on both.

QB, was an unknown because of C-pep. There is still 4 months and the rest of FA, and the draft to deal with it.

Kicker, we signed one of the most accurate kickers in NFL history, plus as a bonus we got to stick it to Green Bay, again!

FA is not even a week old, 2 years ago I do not think the Vikes signed 1 player in the 1st 2 weeks.

How is this not addressing problems, and their are a few other teams in the league (31 of them) that might have interest in some players. And the players might have interest in them! It would be hard to schedule every player.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

mattjenny3 is offline Starter

Nice.

I won't argue, I see your points and they are valid.

Really though, anyone, (maybe I should start a thread, god knows we don't have enough) give me something solid AGAINST CT/ BenL otherwise quit bashing the Vikings. Yes, when you badmouth the coaches/owners/mangagement/players you arebadmouthing the vikings
    REDHORSE

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"nfl-forums" wrote:
    collegejeffguy,

If you read my posts, I don't think Taylor is a bad pickup - I've said the opposite. I think Childress and Tomline are great pickups, and I've admitted that these are just my opinions. Some of it is conjecture for the point of ranting, other parts are things that I have noticed. But, as you so eloquently pointed out, I'm not Vince Lombardi...or am I...

Ease up a little...it was thrown out there as my opinion. I run websites for a living, I don't run football teams. Then again, most of us don't, but we have no problem commenting on the game - its the point of having forums to talk about this stuff.

That being said, I admire your optimism. I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong when the season comes around.
    all im gonna say is sure not every move is the right or best move but im happy with it. anyways it's not like we can't make more changes next yer. i havn't been this excited for a football season in a while. we got rid of a lot of our trash and problems and now we can go on from there. but don't take anything i said wrong i was thinking you were a packers troll stiring up trouble.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"modena11" wrote:
    "collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    good post i know your a true vikings fan.
    please define true viking fan.
    a true vikings fan is like me, i always watch the games, don't wine and cry about who we draft or get in free agency and say well we could do better. and im a fan even through the bad times.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    "modena11" wrote:
    "collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    good post i know your a true vikings fan.
    please define true viking fan.
    a true vikings fan is like me, i always watch the games, don't wine and cry about who we draft or get in free agency and say well we could do better. and im a fan even through the bad times.
    Yeah right!

Now your FUBAR! :razz:

nfl-forums is offline Rookie

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    all im gonna say is sure not every move is the right or best move but im happy with it. anyways it's not like we can't make more changes next yer. i havn't been this excited for a football season in a while. we got rid of a lot of our trash and problems and now we can go on from there. but don't take anything i said wrong i was thinking you were a packers troll stiring up trouble.
    Eh...I didn't make a strong case for myself coming in with a negative thread. :lol:

That being said, I do think I'm a true Viking fan. I watch every game, good or bad. I am there cheering as loud as possible, but I'm not afraid to boo as well. I don't give up on the team, but I try to be an objective football fan.

I gotta say, today has been great fun, a huge time killer, and a great opportunity to meet the members of this board. I look forward to spending more time here (hopefully you'll see that I'm not all pessimism).

Prophet Guest

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    ...a true vikings fan is like me...
    Just in case you want a visual of what a true fan looks like:

[align=center][/align]

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:
    "collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    ...a true vikings fan is like me...
    Just in case you want a visual of what a true fan looks like:

[align=center][/align]
    :roll:

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"cajunvike" wrote:
    collegeguyjeff....don't you mean that ANY (or EVERY) player is potentially expendable (see definition b below):

Main Entry: 1ex·pend·able
    Pronunciation: ik-'spen-d&-b&l
    Function: adjective
    : that may be expended : as a : normally used up or consumed in service <expendable supplies like pencils and paper> b : more easily or economically replaced than rescued, salvaged, or protected
    - ex·pend·abil·i·ty /-"spen-d&-'bi-l&-tE/ noun

Didn't they teach you that at Fisher-Price College? :razz:

Ha haa! Fisher Price College!!!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast