Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

New Owner, New Coaches, does this add up to a Super Bowl?

With all the changes going on with our team, is this what we need to get us to a Super Bowl?

I'm going to say YES...

I've watched us go 0-4 in Super Bowls...

I watched a 15-1 team, lose the super bowl, by not even being there....I still believe if we beat the Falcons, we would have beat Denver hands down..

I watched a team, rise from the dead, only to be kicked back into the grave by two teams we really needed to beat....This season..

We seem to come oh so close so many times, but never achieve.....

The more I think about it, the happier I am with all the current changes going on, and the ones to still come.. Mainly the players changes, thats what I'm waiting for, and I'm sure we are in for a big awakening by the way things are already going....

Maybe this will all add up to what we've been missing for way to long....
    We've had our share of bad Coaching, Bad Players on and off the field, and even bad Owners.

I now see us doing a complete makeover, will this mean Good Coaching, Good Players on and off the field, and a Good Owner.

I'm sick of being the laughing stock of the league, as of late.....

Time for a change I say, and if thats to change everything we've become used to, then I say let it be...

I know there's a Super Bowl Trophy with our name on it somewhere, but what we have had would never get us there to find it.

Today, I have a good feeling about our Vikings, I believe we've come to the fork in the road and we've finaly made the right choice on which road to go down....

Let us start anew, and be the Champs that I know we can be......

SKOL

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Del Rio Guest

Re: New Owner, New Coaches, does this add up to a Super Bow

Change is good.

If he can get in the players heads and get them believing that he and his staff are going to put them in the best possible position to win, then yes.

Regardless of talent, regardless of high profile superstars.

If the coaches can get these players believing in the Vikings and in the schemes then the sky is the limit.

Re: New Owner, New Coaches, does this add up to a Super Bowl?

The best thing a new owner and a new coach bring to a team and its fans is hope. Yes I do indeed hope that the new leadership will infact be the first step (of many) towards a Super Bowl championship. I have followed the Vikings for over 35 years, and yes I say WE (the team, its fans and me) deserve it. We have paid our dues, we have watched previous owners try to run the organization into the ground, hell we even have had the threat of moving the team held over our heads. This is our time. This is our chance. The time is now.

Prophet Guest

Good post. Totally agree. There is a championship on the horizon in the near future. I also watched them lose the four SBs and have been following them diligently for a long time and cannot wait until the big day when they finally win the big dance.

I am optimistic and excited about the future of the Vikings. Change is good.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Prophet,

I like your sig,,,,,,ALOT

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

Yeah, I think sooner or later, it does add up. Childress seems determined to make this team down right great, and with Mr. Wilfy's pretty check book at his disposal, we will be dominant if not the champs.
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Change is always a great thing for a team that still hasn't won a super bowl and has mediocre teans nearly every year. I am looking forward to a lot of change. Tice didn't do crap for us regarding winning playoff games. We need someone who can.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Ned:
    Great post! You are correct, I believe, on all points. I don't think we will be a Super Bowl team next year, but I think we're on the way. I have faith in the new head coach (althought I think some of the lesser coaches may be a bit young and green yet) but I believe it's gonna take a year to get the system up and running and everyone knowing their job from the coaches down to the players.
    In this age of "super freaks" I think we have to have a TEAM of players. I've seen teams win Super Bowls without the best talent on the field but they were team players and everyone helped and played for each other. That's what we need here again.
    I get so sick and tired of let's trade for this super freak or that super freak, always forgetting that this is still a team sport. I'd much rather have two players who work hard than one player who wants to be the show.
    My only fear is still that the legislature is going to kill this stadium deal and about the time we are "ready to rumble" Wilf's are forced to pull the team out. With a new stadium, a new coach and a good system the sky is the limit because we're starting over and WE'RE GONNA GO ALL THE WAY!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Prophet Guest

"VikingNed" wrote:
    Prophet,

I like your sig,,,,,,ALOT
    Why don't you marry it then? Sorry, I have spent too much time with my children lately...lol.

Thanks to Josdin00, he did an awesome job.

---------

I love the fact that Zygi is owner at this juncture of the Vikings franchise. Sure, he's in it to make money, but he knows that in order to get the stadium and make skins he needs to have a team that expects excellence and it appears he is heading down this road. I found it disgusting that Redneck didn't put any money into the organization and hired a minimum wage coaching staff that was devised to tread water until he sold the team.

The new era is upon us, I can't remember being this excited about Vikings football since the late 60s-70s. I am excited about the team every year but I feel there is a ray of hope for the team to rise to excellence within the next few years. A nice time to be a fan.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

(I hope)
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast