Thread: New Owner

New Owner

After a little time to cool down and think about our situation, the reality seems to be that we need to start fresh with a new owner, new head coach and new coordinators.

-Red's only interest is to make a profit by selling the team. He doesn't want to invest in the future of the team. Maybe if he did, everything else below wouldn't matter. But...

-Tice was brought in with a three year plan. The plan was to reach the Super Bowl by this season. Sorry to say, we may make the playoffs but it surely doesn't look like we are a Super Bowl caliber team.

-New Coordinators alone are not the solution to any problem. A revolving door at the defensive coordinator position only will hinder any defensive progress under the current system. IMO, the defense would have improved with another year by O'Leary. Firing Cottrell or Linehan alone will only cause more problems.

While many of you were calling for Tice's head on a platter since the losing streak began earlier in the season, I held my tongue. I can no longer. Change is needed. But without a change in ownership first, all of the other problems are irrelevant.

Someone tell me why doesn't Glen Taylor fork out the $$$ for the team?

We need dedicated ownership now!
    Even babies know the difference.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

New Owner

Because Red wants too much! If the price came down to the fair market value then Taylor would probably buy the Vikings in a minute...he doesn't want a bargain, only to pay the going rate. Also, the Minnesota legislators and taxpayers aren't helping by not approving a new stadium deal...cause like it or not, the Vikings will not stay in Minnesota if they don't get a new stadium. So all you Minnesotans, put pressure on your legislators and tell them to approve a new stadium or they will be voted out of office!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

New Owner

Oh, you mean this guy?

New Owner

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Oh, you mean this guy?

Lol...
    Even babies know the difference.