Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: New Offense & Defense Coaches

"FedjeViking" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "FedjeViking" wrote:
    Another college coach! What is Childress doing? Starting his own coaches league?
    They do not have all the NFL tendencies or bad habits yet and they may really give their jobs 110%.

I like it.
    Exactly! Starting his own league! :lol:
    A League of Their Own??? :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Please tell me they didnt just hire Tom Hanks as their Associate Head Coach

:lol:

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"MnFan_in_Canada" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Please tell me they didnt just hire Tom Hanks as their Associate Head Coach

:lol:
    No, but they did hire Rosie O'Donnell as the Strength Coach!!! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Vikings | Interviews starting for personnel director
    Tue, 17 Jan 2006 20:02:09 -0800

The Star Tribune reports the Minnesota Vikings planned to interview former Miami Dolphins general manager Rick Spielman Tuesday, Jan. 17, for the position of personnel director. The team also is planning to interview former Atlanta Falcons executive Ron Hill and might extend the search to wait for Denver Broncos director of pro personnel Rick Smith. Head coach Brad Childress will be involved in this round of interviews, along with owner Zygi Wilf and vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski.

"Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL

The Star Tribune reports the Minnesota Vikings planned to interview former Miami Dolphins general manager Rick Spielman Tuesday, Jan. 17, for the position of personnel director. The team also is planning to interview former Atlanta Falcons executive Ron Hill and might extend the search to wait for Denver Broncos director of pro personnel Rick Smith. Head coach Brad Childress will be involved in this round of interviews, along with owner Zygi Wilf and vice president of football operations Rob Brzezinski.
    Does anyone else think it odd that the head coach will be sitting in on the interview process? Won't BC be reporting directly to the new personnel director? Or am I mistaken and he will be reporting directly to Zygi??

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Vikings | Kanavy hired
    Wed, 18 Jan 2006 06:35:23 -0800

The Star Tribune reports the Minnesota Vikings have hired Philadelphia Eagles assistant strength and conditioning coach Tom Kanavy to be their head strength and conditioning coach.

Prophet Guest

on Wed, Jan. 18, 2006
    Former Penn player gets gig with Vikings
    Link

A little more than a year removed from being a Penn football player, Kevin Stefanski is in the NFL, as the new assistant to Brad Childress, the new head coach of the Minnesota Vikings.

"I got a call on Thursday night, the night before his press conference," Stefanski said yesterday by telephone from Minneapolis. "I flew out [last] Tuesday. That's how it works."

Stefanski, of Wayne, interned with the Eagles last summer in football operations and had gotten to know Childress, the Eagles' offensive coordinator. Stefanski spent last fall working in football operations at Penn, where he had been a star defensive back.

Of this job, the St. Joseph's Prep graduate, who was the Catholic League Red Division MVP in 1999, said: "It's the first step in a path toward coaching... . I took kind of an informal survey of the league [after getting the job]. About half the teams have this kind of job. It's a great way to start at the entry level and kind of be groomed."

So if Childress needs a cup of coffee, Stefanski will be getting it?

"If he asks, I'll do it," Stefanski said. "But it's more football-related tasks. It's tough for me to say exactly what it will be until we go through the first season. On the side, I'll help Mike Tomlin, the new defensive coordinator."

Stefanski didn't expect this type of job to pop up.

===============================================

Defensive line coach Dunbar leaves LSU to join Vikings
    Wednesday, January 18, 2006
    By Jim Kleinpeter
    Staff writer
    Link
    BATON ROUGE -- Defensive line coach Karl Dunbar is leaving LSU to join the Minnesota Vikings in the same capacity, the Vikings announced Monday.

Dunbar, 38, also served as assistant head coach at LSU for one year under Les Miles, under whom Dunbar also coached at Oklahoma State.

"It's a compliment to Karl and our staff that NFL teams come calling when there are openings," Miles said. "We have a quality coaching staff, and the guys on this staff are going to have opportunities. We certainly wish Karl and his family well."

For Dunbar, who played defensive end at LSU from 1986 to '89, it's a return trip to the NFL; he coached defensive line with the Chicago Bears in 2004. Dunbar played in the NFL from 1990 to '96 with the Saints and Arizona Cardinals.

"Karl is a great teacher of fundamentals and hand skills, and he's played the position at the NFL level," said newly hired Minnesota coach Brad Childress. "He has experience coaching at the NFL level, and all you have to do is watch his players to know exactly what you are going to get."

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

He's a lucky coach to get the opportunity to work with our current D-line! I look forward to seeing what he does with 'em!
    ;-)

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

i think alot of thought was put into this decision since brad stressed so much about line play.

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"MnFan_in_Canada" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL

Does anyone else think it odd that the head coach will be sitting in on the interview process? Won't BC be reporting directly to the new personnel director? Or am I mistaken and he will be reporting directly to Zygi??
    The way their setting everything up their own way, it's hard to tell who will report to who, but I can guarantee Zygi will be informed on everything!
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast