Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NEW O-COORD.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    I think Loney was the best possible candidate but i'd rather have the o-coordinator from USC. Norm Chow. Maybe when we get a new coach.
    Who knows. He might like his gig at USC and maybe he's looking for a bigger market team.

Vikadelic is offline Starter

Brilliance to the guy who suggested Chow!

He is an amazing OC that would love the talent pool we have. My only fear was that he already makes over 500k a year as an OC for USC. Red would have never been willing to pay what it would have taken to get him.

Everything else aside... ...he would have been a step up from Linehan.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Brilliance to the guy who suggested Chow!

"Vikadelic" wrote:
    He is an amazing OC that would love the talent pool we have. My only fear was that he already makes over 500k a year as an OC for USC. Red would have never been willing to pay what it would have taken to get him.

Everything else aside... ...he would have been a step up from Linehan.
    That ends that idea, uless he is willing to take a pay cut.

Vikadelic is offline Starter
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    I think Loney was the best possible candidate but i'd rather have the o-coordinator from USC. Norm Chow. Maybe when we get a new coach.
    Who knows. He might like his gig at USC and maybe he's looking for a bigger market team.
    Forget the "Bigger Market Team" theory. I don't think an OC in the NFL could ask for more than an opportunity to coach in the "Norris". It might be weak now but for NFL purists there is nothing better.

I have been to pre-season camps of 14 NFL teams and attended open practices where there were only 30-80 people watching. The Vikes and other teams in our conference can charge admission and still get 20k fans to be there.

My point is that we have a special thing in this division and our team is the most attractive to come to if you are a OC that wants to make a name for themselves.

Plus!!! !!!The rivalry between the teams in the division is stronger than the greatest of college rivalries.

Sorry I have gone on so long but it's true. Any OC should jump at the chance to run our OFFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully Red hasn't screwed us again!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    I'm not sure....I dont really know much about the guy, I guess he's done apretty good job over the few years, and he's had a big hand in the offense. But to me this just has CHEAP written all over it. I think McCombs wanted to save some more dough.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    "VikesFan111" wrote:
    The coaching is going to blow goats next year. They will probably screw up the draft and free agency. I just have this feeling.
    Good to hear from you Mr. Pessimistic! [-X

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer
    "PAvikesfan" wrote:
    well, it is not the worst move i have heard of...but easily the cheapest.
    That's for sure. It should be pretty clear to the NFL that McCombs does not even care anymore about this team and if it wins anything. I really hope someone buys the team NOW.

That said, we'll see what Loney does, like you say he's got some experience and now he has plenty of talent to work with.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer
    i hope he rocks w/ the offense and he sees the potential w/ our offense. maybe his scheme will be slightly better.

pavement is offline Waterboy
    all loney has to do is THROW the ball when it's 2nd & 22 and he'll gain my confidence...and maybe have daunte toss the rock in crucial games instead of a receiver ...

Commander Ed is offline Training Camp
    "sdvikefan" wrote:
    "PAvikesfan" wrote:
    well, it is not the worst move i have heard of...but easily the cheapest.
    That's for sure. It should be pretty clear to the NFL that McCombs does not even care anymore about this team and if it wins anything. I really hope someone buys the team NOW.

That said, we'll see what Loney does, like you say he's got some experience and now he has plenty of talent to work with.
    Anyone else think besides the whole "sale of the team" deal that maybe Red wants to kind of stick it to the fans for not getting him his stadium yet?

I hope Loney can get a running game going again. Novel idea here, choose a #1 running back.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123