Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 168
  1. #101
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: A new No. 84 takes the field for the Vikings

    "vike68" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "vike68" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "vike68" wrote:
    PAGE
    FOREMAN
    KRAUSE
    etc

    they all played this "team game"

    how many retired numbers left the vikigns at one point or another, do you guys hate Tarkenton as well? i mean he left too. Moss didnt wanna leave, he was forced out by a bad owner and horrible head coach and now he should suffer from ignorant viking fans who hold grudges for no reason, something is wrong with that picture
    Ignorant fans that hold grudges?
    Brilliant statement there.
    Maybe you should read the support of the comments before starting to throw people into groupings?
    You must be one of those true fans.

    im sure if they took as manyquotes from the godly purple people eaters
    as they do nowdays, with tons more press and all, they wouldn't be too nice, you want football to be a Cinderella story
    and it isn't, its a business.
    A business should be run with the most integrity that it can be run with.
    There were President's of the great US of A that did all kinds of stuff that we didn't know about in the old days.
    Times have changed, we find out about stuff now.
    That's reality.
    If you want a known head case to represent your favorite team than that's your thing.
    I don't.
    were talking football, not running the US
    bad comparisson
    That wasn't the point.
    The point is that we have information available to us and we use it.
    The point is valid.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  2. #102
    vike68 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    122

    Re: A new No. 84 takes the field for the Vikings

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "vike68" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "vike68" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    [quote author=vike68 link=topic=36736.msg619320#msg619320 date=1187385993]
    PAGE
    FOREMAN
    KRAUSE
    etc

    they all played this "team game"

    how many retired numbers left the vikigns at one point or another, do you guys hate Tarkenton as well? i mean he left too. Moss didnt wanna leave, he was forced out by a bad owner and horrible head coach and now he should suffer from ignorant viking fans who hold grudges for no reason, something is wrong with that picture
    Ignorant fans that hold grudges?
    Brilliant statement there.
    Maybe you should read the support of the comments before starting to throw people into groupings?
    You must be one of those true fans.

    im sure if they took as manyquotes from the godly purple people eaters
    as they do nowdays, with tons more press and all, they wouldn't be too nice, you want football to be a Cinderella story
    and it isn't, its a business.
    A business should be run with the most integrity that it can be run with.
    There were President's of the great US of A that did all kinds of stuff that we didn't know about in the old days.
    Times have changed, we find out about stuff now.
    That's reality.
    If you want a known head case to represent your favorite team than that's your thing.
    I don't.
    were talking football, not running the US
    bad comparisson
    That wasn't the point.
    The point is that we have information available to us and we use it.
    The point is valid.
    [/quote]

    Maybe we have to much information available to us, if moss played in the 70s-80s(he couldn't he would get broke in half) but if he had, and he said the things he said and did the things he did, hardly anyone would take notice. thats the problem nowadays, the nfl is turning into a
    sissy league, suck it up and get over it.

    gosh i miss the old days

    i hate the idea of dieing before another winning season

  3. #103
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: A new No. 84 takes the field for the Vikings

    "C" wrote:

    Couldn't agree more. If you had REALLY been reading the postings you would know that the argument isn't against the fact that he was an explosive player, its about being a man of integrity na honor, who the whole team can look up to. Moss regularly had conflicts with Chris Carter and Daunte Culpepper (among others). For a player to say "I only play when I want to"... is ridiculous. I think thats a better point than any you made (which was what? a single Jacksonville game?)

    For you to tell us to stop acting like 12 year-olds is a good way to start your first post.

    That was never the point, I was never claiming Moss was a saint, I was simply claiming that for whatever reason (the media tells you) he is held to unfair standard compared to other great players who have their faults.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  4. #104
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: A new No. 84 takes the field for the Vikings

    "vike68" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "vike68" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "vike68" wrote:
    [quote author=Prophet link=topic=36736.msg619324#msg619324 date=1187386130]
    [quote author=vike68 link=topic=36736.msg619320#msg619320 date=1187385993]
    PAGE
    FOREMAN
    KRAUSE
    etc

    they all played this "team game"

    how many retired numbers left the vikigns at one point or another, do you guys hate Tarkenton as well? i mean he left too. Moss didnt wanna leave, he was forced out by a bad owner and horrible head coach and now he should suffer from ignorant viking fans who hold grudges for no reason, something is wrong with that picture
    Ignorant fans that hold grudges?
    Brilliant statement there.
    Maybe you should read the support of the comments before starting to throw people into groupings?
    You must be one of those true fans.

    im sure if they took as manyquotes from the godly purple people eaters
    as they do nowdays, with tons more press and all, they wouldn't be too nice, you want football to be a Cinderella story
    and it isn't, its a business.
    A business should be run with the most integrity that it can be run with.
    There were President's of the great US of A that did all kinds of stuff that we didn't know about in the old days.
    Times have changed, we find out about stuff now.
    That's reality.
    If you want a known head case to represent your favorite team than that's your thing.
    I don't.
    were talking football, not running the US
    bad comparisson
    That wasn't the point.
    The point is that we have information available to us and we use it.
    The point is valid.
    [/quote]

    Maybe we have to much information available to us, if moss played in the 70s-80s(he couldn't he would get broke in half) but if he had, and he said the things he said and did the things he did, hardly anyone would take notice. thats the problem nowadays, the nfl is turning into a
    sissy league, suck it up and get over it.

    gosh i miss the old days
    [/quote]

    That's it, and that's the point that Italian has been making too.
    Oh well, we can all go home and watch the Vikings now and argue about something new tomorrow.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  5. #105
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,490

    Re: A new No. 84 takes the field for the Vikings

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

    Couldn't agree more. If you had REALLY been reading the postings you would know that the argument isn't against the fact that he was an explosive player, its about being a man of integrity na honor, who the whole team can look up to. Moss regularly had conflicts with Chris Carter and Daunte Culpepper (among others). For a player to say "I only play when I want to"... is ridiculous. I think thats a better point than any you made (which was what? a single Jacksonville game?)

    For you to tell us to stop acting like 12 year-olds is a good way to start your first post.

    That was never the point, I was never claiming Moss was a saint, I was simply claiming that for whatever reason (the media tells you) he is held to unfair standard compared to other great players who have their faults.
    I see your point. The guy was given a bum wrap. I just don't think they will retire a guy's number who pretended to moon the Green Bay crowd.... on second thought...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  6. #106
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: A new No. 84 takes the field for the Vikings

    "Prophet" wrote:

    That's it, and that's the point that Italian has been making too.
    Oh well, we can all go home and watch the Vikings now and argue about something new tomorrow.
    I heard T-Jack sucks, not because I've seen him play but based on his bad Madden ranking
    :P


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Buffalo, MN
    Posts
    982

    Re: A new No. 84 takes the field for the Vikings

    I don't think Moss' #84 will be retired.
    Reasons why:
    1.) The NFL kinda frowns on retiring numbers these days.
    2.) The numbers 22 (Paul Krause-HOF), 64 (Randall McDaniel-future HOF), and 81 (Carl Eller-HOF); presently more-deserving players of number retirement (IMO), have not been retired as of yet and probably will never be.
    3.) The Vikings have enough numbers retired.

    Quick Fact: The Cowboys don't have a single retired number.
    I think it's team policy.
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

  8. #108
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: A new No. 84 takes the field for the Vikings

    "vike68" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "vike68" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "vike68" wrote:
    [quote author=Prophet link=topic=36736.msg619324#msg619324 date=1187386130]
    [quote author=vike68 link=topic=36736.msg619320#msg619320 date=1187385993]
    PAGE
    FOREMAN
    KRAUSE
    etc

    they all played this "team game"

    how many retired numbers left the vikigns at one point or another, do you guys hate Tarkenton as well? i mean he left too. Moss didnt wanna leave, he was forced out by a bad owner and horrible head coach and now he should suffer from ignorant viking fans who hold grudges for no reason, something is wrong with that picture
    Ignorant fans that hold grudges?
    Brilliant statement there.
    Maybe you should read the support of the comments before starting to throw people into groupings?
    You must be one of those true fans.

    im sure if they took as manyquotes from the godly purple people eaters
    as they do nowdays, with tons more press and all, they wouldn't be too nice, you want football to be a Cinderella story
    and it isn't, its a business.
    A business should be run with the most integrity that it can be run with.
    There were President's of the great US of A that did all kinds of stuff that we didn't know about in the old days.
    Times have changed, we find out about stuff now.
    That's reality.
    If you want a known head case to represent your favorite team than that's your thing.
    I don't.
    were talking football, not running the US
    bad comparisson
    That wasn't the point.
    The point is that we have information available to us and we use it.
    The point is valid.
    [/quote]

    Maybe we have to much information available to us, if moss played in the 70s-80s(he couldn't he would get broke in half) but if he had, and he said the things he said and did the things he did, hardly anyone would take notice. thats the problem nowadays, the nfl is turning into a
    sissy league, suck it up and get over it.

    gosh i miss the old days
    [/quote]

    Why couldn't Moss play in the 70's or 80's?

    Frankly, a guy with his god-given talent could play in any era. Players nowadays are bigger faster and stronger than ever, and Moss was the fastest player on the field every game for the first 5 years of his career. IMO he would have been even better in the 70s and 80s. He's a freak.

    "They call me the freak, man"

  9. #109
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: A new No. 84 takes the field for the Vikings

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    This thread wouldn't be complete without one of these.

    lol, you can fall back on that tired old argument if you want.

    Ignoring the facts while labeling posters is excellent for debate, is there one for people who play Madden (thus must know nothing about football) too?

    I mean
    it's not like old timer don't ride the jocks of players like Tarkenton, Krause, Foreman etc. who played against inferior athletes.
    :
    Inferior atheltes??????
    Oh yeah, you mean Dick Butkus, Mean Joe Green, Ray Nitchske and the greats of that era were inferior.
    Your kidding right?

  10. #110
    vike68 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    122

    Re: A new No. 84 takes the field for the Vikings

    they would tear his head off, you think that the evil players in the old days would just let him keep goin over the top, they would just wait for him once to try to do something like that and break his freakin neck, nfl is turning into a sissy league, u can barely tackle people anymore

    i hate the idea of dieing before another winning season

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings' Robison takes his best shot
    By VikingMike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-20-2009, 02:32 PM
  2. Rudi takes Tatum's job, Tatum takes Rudi's stuff...
    By kelmino in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 03:59 PM
  3. Brandon Marshall - On-field talent, off-field trouble
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 04:26 AM
  4. Rooney stands by Heinz Field - Upshaw wants field turf
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-09-2008, 11:34 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 01:26 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •