singersp is offline PPO Newshound

New look, new feel as Vikes take control of camp

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: New look, new feel as Vikes take control of camp

I like this quote from the article:
    "We've been coming out here since Dennis Green was coach," says Vikings fan Barry Wetzel. "And it just seems more pro, more organized."
    I've never been to the Vikes training camp but it seems like it would be fun. But fans have to remember that this training camp is a business, licenses by the NFL in a sense. It's not just a bunch of players and coaches out for practice. Yes, believe it or not the NFL and the teams make money even here. Each year players get more and more besigned for autographs and such. I know fans don't like the new way things are being done, but in the long run it's the best way for the times today versus 5 or 10 or even 40 years ago. Teams are beholding to the fans so they want to please them but they can't let the fans run roughshod over the business. No business can do that and survive.
    I think this also speaks well of the Vikings organization as a whole with Zygi at the helm. No more nonsense, the staff, coaches and players are running this franchise like a well-oiled professional business and some fans and the media hate it. But it's far better than the "Red and Meathead Show" we had before.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: New look, new feel as Vikes take control of camp

i really like how camp has turned out the past couple years, however security is a little too strict in certain areas

i biked up the longest hill on the way to camp - on one of the hottest days (i think saturday) and chained it to a tree outside camp

i was told "dont be surprised if security comes and snips your chain and takes your bike - they dont want anything tied to the trees or poles this year" last year it was np

luckily the guards watching the gate said they'd keep an eye on it for me, since not many people were there since it was just rookies

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese