Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

New Look Defense

i dont trust having that many of our LB's on the field since theyre all completely lost in any kind of coverage
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Guruzen is offline Starter

New Look Defense

"Potus2028" wrote:
    and why would you say the D has no chem... they havent even gone to camp yet...you say it like they've been playing together for years and that they dont even acknowledge eachother as a team... be optomistic.. why not #1 defense..
    1. LB's are young. Very talented but young. This is the major problem with upgrading via the draft. The Vikes learned that the hard way which is why we're so active in free agency this year.

2. Besides K-Will, we have no pass rush. Udeze was a disappointment and Mixon is not what he used to be. How many times did we see a QB burn us after holding onto the ball for like 10 seconds while the D line waltzes in the trenches?

3. Lack of leadership. Chavous was really the only vocal leader on the D last year and he had a mediocre year. Winfield and K-Will, the best D players are too quiet. We need a big mouth back there that commands respect and will kick your ass if you misbehave. Eg RAY LEWIS.

4. Clock management. A vertical offense that can score at will doesn't help the D at all. How many times last year did our D wear out during the game because the offense scored way too quickly? Not that it's a bad thing, but the offense needs to control the clock to give the D time to rest.

We'll be a lot better this year with the FA additions, but we need more pass rush and time for the players to gel. Probably top 15 this year, top 10 the next

Angryviking is offline Starter

New Look Defense

Ya i'm looking forward to seeing the new offense without Moss. Ya it was great to score fast and all, but that didnt help our defense at all. We should see some better clock management this year from the offense.
    b07c3df44d1c1ef4f2f2dc468267cdf3

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

New Look Defense

i think udeze proved to be a MAJOR contribution. he was hurt. he played hurt. he still got 5 sacks. tice siad if we got 10 games out of him hed be a steal. well, we got 16 1/2 games w/ him. watch next year he will be a machine.

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

New Look Defense

"vikes09" wrote:
    i think udeze proved to be a MAJOR contribution. he was hurt. he played hurt. he still got 5 sacks. tice siad if we got 10 games out of him hed be a steal. well, we got 16 1/2 games w/ him. watch next year he will be a machine.
    Agreed, Udeze wasn't a dissapointment, if anything he was a huge suprise!! He proved his toughness, and hopefully with a healthy shoulder and a year under his belt will be ready to be an every-down guy. Udeze is going to be a stud, maybe not like KWill, but a stud nontheless.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

New Look Defense

"sitandbehitski" wrote:
    "vikes09" wrote:
    Agreed, Udeze wasn't a dissapointment, if anything he was a huge suprise!! He proved his toughness, and hopefully with a healthy shoulder and a year under his belt will be ready to be an every-down guy. Udeze is going to be a stud, maybe not like KWill, but a stud nontheless.
    Make that three votes for UDZ...he will be a force next year...healthy, more experienced, better secondary...oh, did I mention healthy? Look out, QBs!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345