Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    snowinapril is online now Jersey Retired

New Look Defense

"RK" wrote:
    Personally I am not a fan of the 3/4 D. IMO the only reason to go to it is if your secondary sucks and you need an extra guy pass defending. And it usually doesn't work because you give up pressure on the QB and unless you have great LB's that can tackle you cant stop the run with it either. This year we have a great secondary and a great 4 man D line. If we get another good LB to go with Harris we will kick some butt with the 4/3 D. :thumbleft:
    The key word here must be usually.

Don't the NE Pats run a 3-4?

And haven't they had quite a bit of success recently?

I am being a smart ass. LOL.... JK :sunny:

JTSnow is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: New Look Defense

"IdahoViking" wrote:
    As the Vikes stack thier D-Fense, and they are doing a great job, it seems more and more evident that we are setting ourselves up to play the 3-4 next season. We all know that the key to this defense is a run stopper in the middle(Pat WIlliams), speed at linebacker(Harris and Thomas), cover corners(Winfield and Smoot) who are now the best tandem in the league by the way, and finally Head hunting Safeties(Chavios and Sharper), not to mention the potential with Howard in New Orleans of Darius in Jacksonville possibly becoming Vikings. It could be the best anticipated year since 98, minus that gol 'darnit Kick
    I think are D we be ranked in the top ten. :thumbleft:
    [img:4c22618921]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/vikingstw/Untitled-1.jpg[/img:4c22618921].

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

New Look Defense

our linebackers already have problems w/ pass protection. going 2 a 3-4 would only make them have to cover more, well at least some of them. the others or other would blitz. but contrell plays conservative, or too conservitave to play an effective 3-4. i like our 4-3. how is it obvious we are building for the 4-3. we get phat pat, so that means hes defiantly going 2 be our NT right???

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

New Look Defense

We are much better suited,talent-wise to run a 4-3 :salute:
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

eclipse_2303 is offline Starter

Re: New Look Defense

"JTSnow" wrote:
    "IdahoViking" wrote:
    As the Vikes stack thier D-Fense, and they are doing a great job, it seems more and more evident that we are setting ourselves up to play the 3-4 next season. We all know that the key to this defense is a run stopper in the middle(Pat WIlliams), speed at linebacker(Harris and Thomas), cover corners(Winfield and Smoot) who are now the best tandem in the league by the way, and finally Head hunting Safeties(Chavios and Sharper), not to mention the potential with Howard in New Orleans of Darius in Jacksonville possibly becoming Vikings. It could be the best anticipated year since 98, minus that gol 'darnit Kick
    I think are D we be ranked in the top ten. :thumbleft:

Yeah on paper. Not quite top 10. Still don't have any chemistry together. Top 15 but not top 10.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

New Look Defense

"magicci" wrote:
    i dont get BBQ
    I always order the beef tips.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

New Look Defense

No way do we have the best CB tandem in the league. Balt McCallister and Rolle, Miami Surtain and Madison, Eagles Sheppard and Brown. We might be top three, but not near #1.....yet!
    6949da5ce3db19514b6088f4f00ffabd

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

New Look Defense

Sheppard and Brown isnt that great.. id take ours over thiers anyday.. id trade our safteys for thiers tho!! i think the Mcallister and Rolle duo is scary.. they have awesome linebackers too and ed reed.. their line gets sacks because they throw in things with other players... im going off on nothing but i would say our tandem is top 5.. our trio with b-will is top 3

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

New Look Defense

i personaly like 4-3 better, can deffend the run a lot better, and equally defends against run and pass, were 3-4 is i think) better suited for short pass (like 2nd or 3rd and 5)
    still nobody has ansered my question.. what are the advantages 3-4 has over 4-3.. especially on our team with the new secondary and gang

and why would you say the D has no chem... they havent even gone to camp yet...you say it like they've been playing together for years and that they dont even acknowledge eachother as a team... be optomistic.. why not #1 defense..

:king:
    i m better than you, so just give up...

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

New Look Defense

i like the 4-3 because we dont have enough good LB's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast