The new Lions of the North

How did it come to this? How did the Vikings become the new LIons of the north. How did the Lions become the Vikings of the north? The way things are going we will be lucky to win 3 games this year.

Who is to blame? I say not who but what. We somehow adopted the
    "were all in" mentality and it has cost us dearly. The philosophy of signing these big buck players and has been quarterbacks has now reared its ugly head. I think AP is a great back and one of the best running backs out there. So what. How's that working out with our O-line? With our washed up quarterback?

Now we have 100 million wrapped up in 7 years for one player. Forty million wrapped up for a barely above average linebacker in Greenway. Good teams perpetuate and nurture talent, the vikes just sign them.

I have been and will always be a Vikings fan, but this philosophy has to change. Look at Green Bay, they are young and are going to be good for at least a decade, same with the Lions.

Lastly, this stupid cover two system is killing us in the age of high flying offenses. We are getting ripped apart, and we haven't even played Green Bay yet. On a side note, I think we should just forfeit the Green Bay games this year to save the fans a monumental embarrassment. Those games are going to be ugly.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    for fucks sakes, just accept the fact we suck, we're re-building. It happens.

Those of you who expected to get 11 wins wwere just setting yourselves up for disappointment. We are not a playoff team, and it shows. I went in expecting no more than 7 wins, this is about what I expected.

Now we have 100 million wrapped up in 7 years for one player. Forty million wrapped up for a barely above average linebacker in Greenway. Good teams perpetuate and nurture talent, the vikes just sign them.
    This just shows that you're uninformed.

Petersons' contract is 100 mil with incentives, and after I believe 3 years, the Vikings have a clause to end it. He'll never get that 100 mil from us. And Greenway, much the same. He's got a max of 40 mil, based on him playing at an elite level, which he has been. We NEED to keep our key young players, and that's what we are doing. Next season we should improve a bit more, the year after I see us back in the playoffs.