Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I think the new matte helmets look super-cool. I might want to get a replica to put beside the shiny one I already have. But I'm also in the camp with those who think the new font sucks. I can't stand those little curls that point off of the corners of the numbers.

Just my two cents.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    The numbers don't bother me... they're just numbers.
    The unis have worn off on me. They're just boring. I'm starting to like Jacksonvilles better.
    Right now it would be Fins... Vikes.. Jacksonville.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    More black in the purple would go a long ways towards fixing the issue. There is a delicate balance in the blue and red that make the purple with a small shift either way making a difference. Adding black darkens the color and balances it out at least that is my experience.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    On a sad note I wish the Vikings had won the division more times in the last decade than they've changed the helmet or jersey design

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    I think we should stop worrying about what the unis and helmets look like and just have our guys go out there and kick ass in whatever the jerseys we have! I wouldn't mind a superbowl patch on any of the looks of our jerseys haha

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

New helmet mismatch

But we don't win SBs around here. We lose the big games and I say if you are going to lose the big ones you should at least look good doing it.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Maybe the mis-match & bad uni numbers will distract defenses when they see them & go "WTF?" & give us an advantage.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Keep in mind, purple is the hardest colour to accurately reproduce across different materials. Furthermore, it's hard to pick up accurately on camera. Those jerseys looked blue on TV, the helmets were defiinitely purple.

Anybody remember the 90's? When we played with 'blue' jerseys on TV? In the 2000s, technology allowed filters to enhance the purple so they actually looked purple. Those filters obviously weren't in place in a meaningless preseason game not broadcasted by any major station.

I'll hold off my opinion until regular season. HOpefully they can fix it. I doubt they look that bad in person (They don't, I've seen them live in person during draft party) and hopefully they can get the colour filters set up so they look proper on TV for meaningful games.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by purple floyd View Post
    yeah they were a terrible mismatch. My wife even commented on it and said it looked bad. As far as i am concerned you can't blame it on the broadcast because that is something they need to know ahead of time and plan on accordingly when the test the uniform package. Tv is a huge part of their exposure and if they think they can get by with just hoping everything will look right they are going to get bit in the butt.

And the number font still looks terrible. Worse in the game than in the press release. Whoever did the design on the entire outfit and signed off on it should be fired. No other team in the league that i have seen has had these mismatch and fond screw up issues.
    +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

=z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired
    I really like the helmets, but the jersey's looked horrible.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast