Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    OK, the "blue" uniform thing comes up all the time, and it has more to do with the way the color purple is digitized than with the actual color of the jerseys. It is an error in the broadcast signal that is actually fairly hard to correct, and in preseason they very rarely spend the time and money to correct it live. Replays are often corrected, as it is a smaller effort to correct ten seconds versus a whole game.

When we get to the regular season Fox and the NFLN do a good job of correcting live, but CBS is often poor.

The helmets and uniforms are not mismatched when you see them in person.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

New helmet mismatch

Good news. I kinda like the numbers though.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    I actually love both the jerseys and the helmets. I would've preferred we went to the throw back jerseys, but I like the look of the new numbers and the helmets are awesome!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post

I don't need to see them live to see there's a clusterfuck of a mismatch between the number fonts. It looks terrible period!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    OK, the "blue" uniform thing comes up all the time, and it has more to do with the way the color purple is digitized than with the actual color of the jerseys. It is an error in the broadcast signal that is actually fairly hard to correct, and in preseason they very rarely spend the time and money to correct it live. Replays are often corrected, as it is a smaller effort to correct ten seconds versus a whole game.

When we get to the regular season Fox and the NFLN do a good job of correcting live, but CBS is often poor.

To be fair I recorded the rebroadcast of the game that aired on Saturday night and the colors were a much closer match than the live game was whether it was because I watched it on a different TV or they fixed the color.

But you just can't fix that terrible font situation.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    The jerseys are boring. I don't like the numbers, the jersey itself is ok. I like the glossy helmet of old better than the matte finish helmet they have now.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    BTW, color look different in different lighting. Colors on material even if you get them close are going to look different than color on hard surface. I think it is partly how light reflects off the surface. This isn't a physics lesson by any means, just something I have noticed over the years.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Good news. I kinda like the numbers though.
    Me too. They're unique. The unusual styling is not overdone. Some number combinations work better than others, but I don't think any of them are really bad.

As far as the color goes, I think it's going to look different in natural light. Under the dome lights you see a reflection of separate light sources, which creates light spots and dark spots. They match better in all the camp photos I've seen.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    The font and styling for the number is wonky, it works for some numbers like 88 or 66 but looks messy say 11. 14 or 25 (second number having sharper angles on the left). It also reminds me to much of euro soccer or hockey jerseys and makes me think the next move it to stamp Lada or Skoda somewhere on them.

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler
    Purple is an odd color. Looks different in different formats. Its been that way since the 60's. I can remember old posters of Gilliam and Page. One looked dark purple, almost navy blue, the other was a plum color.
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast