Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

New helmet mismatch

I was watching the game last night & while I felt the new helmet didn't look bad, it really didn't match the rest of the uniform & looked out of place.

Anybody else notice that mismatch?

Also, the jersey numbers on some of those jersy's just look bad. Especially jerseys that had the same digits. 22, 99, etc. 84 looked bad to me as well. The numbers only looked OK on some.

Thoughts/opinions after watching the game? What did they look like for those who went to the game?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    On my TV (NBC broadcast) the jersey's looked more blue while the helmets looked purple. Although I heard that has more to do with the broadcast than what they actually look like. Annoying none the less. For some odd reason though, on some of the replays the jersey color did match the helmets better.

But even when the colors match, I never thought the helmets matched the jersey's. Black is used a lot on the helmet, like the facemask and logo outline, but we don't utilize black anywhere else on the uniform. I thought they should have added a thin black stripe on the shoulders and pants, and then outlined the numbers in black as well, you know, like the helmet horn.

iowa is offline Rookie
    I also thought that the jersey's looked blue, they didn't look like they matched with the matte purple helmet. I also agree that the jersey numbers looked bad, they might want to re-think the whole look they have going. I a watched a few other games and our uniforms are the only ones that didn't appear to be the right color. Maybe it's just a purple thing.
    None

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Yeah they were a terrible mismatch. My wife even commented on it and said it looked bad. As far as I am concerned you can't blame it on the broadcast because that is something they need to know ahead of time and plan on accordingly when the test the uniform package. TV is a huge part of their exposure and if they think they can get by with just hoping everything will look right they are going to get bit in the butt.

And the number font still looks terrible. Worse in the game than in the press release. Whoever did the design on the entire outfit and signed off on it should be fired. No other team in the league that I have seen has had these mismatch and fond screw up issues.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Yeah they were a terrible mismatch. My wife even commented on it and said it looked bad. As far as I am concerned you can't blame it on the broadcast because that is something they need to know ahead of time and plan on accordingly when the test the uniform package. TV is a huge part of their exposure and if they think they can get by with just hoping everything will look right they are going to get bit in the butt.

And the number font still looks terrible. Worse in the game than in the press release. Whoever did the design on the entire outfit and signed off on it should be fired. No other team in the league that I have seen has had these mismatch and fond screw up issues.
    That's just what I heard. That's why the pre 2006 uni's never matched the helmet shade on TV either. Oddly enough, last years uni's and helmets matched fine so maybe it has something to do with the material and not necessarily the color.

And I agree, I thought they would test the colors on TV before signing off. However I heard from some people that the helmets/uni's matched just fine on their TV. Perhaps they watched the game on NFL Network? I watched on NBC. I'm going to watch the replay on NFL Network tonight to see if there's a difference.

And add me to the ever growing group of fans that hate the font. It's terrible. I thought maybe you wouldn't notice it during games so I didn't get worked up about it, but you do notice and they look bad. Not to mention they look a bit plain. They need an outline or something and the points need to go. I'm not a big fan of the shoulder stripe either. The helmets are fine, they look modern, but the uni's are a complete disaster imo.

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    Didn't really notice/care. Was too busy just actually enjoying some vikings football

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    other than the helmets, they look hideous!!

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

New helmet mismatch

The jerseys are awful. I can live with the helmet, although, not a fan of the matte, bespecially with the color mismatch on the jersey. I hop it is corrected soon. Although, I prefer the uniforms from the 70's...lol

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I was watching the game last night & while I felt the new helmet didn't look bad, it really didn't match the rest of the uniform & looked out of place.

Anybody else notice that mismatch?
    The uniforms look godawful.

The Texans have a better uniform and a pretty stadium. The Vikings tradition has gone disco.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

New helmet mismatch

I hated them when they unveiled them. I am embarrassed by them now. Thanks for giving Packers fans more fuel.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast