Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New GM

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Re: New GM

Go find on the Studwell thing
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

We got a lot of new guys in positions that the haven't been in before, I wouldlike a proven GM to be in charge, nothing against Studwell. Studwell has planty of time yet in his career to move up the ladder.

I wouldn't mind Ron Wolf.

I just saw this from Scout.com

* Two high-profile candidates have emerged as potential general managers for the Vikings -- Rick Spielman and Ron Hill. Spielman is the former G.M. of the Dolphins who worked with Rob Brzezinski when both were in Miami and Hill is the former G.M. of the Falcons.*

Not sure what I think of this development. I like the idea of promoting somebody from within the organization. I am still hoping Studwell gets the position.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Go Studs!!! Although I would probably prefer to bring in someone like Ron Wolf and keep Studs where he is...the more the merrier! But give Studs a big raise for sure!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

Restarting their search for a personnel director, Vikings officials were scheduled to meet Tuesday with former Miami General Manager Rick Spielman. The team also is planning to interview former Atlanta executive Ron Hill and might extend the search to wait for Denver director of pro personnel Rick Smith.
    -- Minneapolis Star Tribune
    here's another article a little closer to home confirming that Rick Spielman, Ron Hill, and Rick Smith are being considered....anyone know anything about these guys

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

From KFFL:

Vikings | Team will interview Dimitroff today
    Sat, 21 Jan 2006 07:05:50 -0800

Don Seeholzer and Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, report the Minnesota Vikings will interview New England director of college scouting Tom Dimitroff Saturday, Jan. 21, for the position of personnel director. Dimitroff is the fifth outside candidate to interview.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Man that would be awesome to get Seeholzer. New England knows how to draft em.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Man that would be awesome to get Seeholzer. New England knows how to draft em.
    :lol: Seeholzer is the writer for the Pioneer Press. Dimitroff is director of college scouting .

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Rick Smith new Vikes Front Office Guy?

Rick Smith, from the Broncos who the Vikings like as a personnel man may be finally able to commit to the Vikes after the Bronco's Super Bowl loss. I know the Vikes like him as Personnel Director and I think he would be a great fit.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Rick Smith new Vikes Front Office Guy?

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Rick Smith, from the Broncos who the Vikings like as a personnel man may be finally able to commit to the Vikes after the Bronco's Super Bowl loss. I know the Vikes like him as Personnel Director and I think he would be a great fit.

I think he is the reason why we haven't hired anyone yet. I hope we hire him.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast