Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New GM

New GM

Any word on who the Wilf's are looking at for GM. Personally I wouldnt mind seeing them go after Ron Wolf. Even better would be promoting Scott Studwell.

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Re: New GM

BUD GRANT!!!!!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

"digital420" wrote:
    BUD GRANT!!!!!!

DiGiTaL
    That's a name I hadn't even considered. I know that he keeps an office at Winter Park and that he "interviewed" Childress, but does he want to take on that responsiblity at his age? Does he have the experience to be a GM? Look what Buffalo just did. They brought Levy in as GM. Some would say the game has passed him by. Can't the same be said of Bud?

I agree he's getting up there.. but..

Wolf / studwell both are smart and know the game.. even the modern game of football schema's..

but for me B.G is all about the hard knocks smash that guy down and rip the qb in half kinda guy..

Studwell for me should help with Bert.... with building the cap/personal we need.. but i'd say give the reigns to a man that bled football, and has the experience.. ok lets say he stays 2 years maybe 3.. in that time he can TEACH Studwell or Burt... to be the modern day GM..

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooa
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

"digital420" wrote:
    Studwell for me should help with Bert.... with building the cap/personal we need.. but i'd say give the reigns to a man that bled football, and has the experience.. ok lets say he stays 2 years maybe 3.. in that time he can TEACH Studwell or Burt... to be the modern day GM..

DiGiTaL
    I kinda agree with you. The only problem I have with that is we want some stability in that office. With Grant taking it for a couple of years then give it to someone else isn't very stable. Why not give it to Studwell now and let Bud help out behind the scenes?

I'd say to have B.G give a good foundation to hwo things will work. I'm sure Scott is smart, and has great knowledge of football. I don't see him though being able to lay down foundations that will bring the vikings into a new era and hopefully one that is more solid then bring in Studwell and have him modify that foundation to match the future movements of the organization.

DiGiTaL

"digital420" wrote:
    I'd say to have B.G give a good foundation to hwo things will work. I'm sure Scott is smart, and has great knowledge of football. I don't see him though being able to lay down foundations that will bring the vikings into a new era and hopefully one that is more solid then bring in Studwell and have him modify that foundation to match the future movements of the organization.

DiGiTaL
    That is a compelling arguement.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I love Bud Grant but a GM needs a business mind and BG has a coaching mind. I don't know if he's ever been on the business side of things.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I love Bud Grant but a GM needs a business mind and BG has a coaching mind. I don't know if he's ever been on the business side of things.
    besides all those GM duties would get in the way of his hunting and fishing !!!

Seriously I would still bring someone else in but maybe B.G would be available to assist and advise without it being a full time job for him.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast