Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

Re: The New Era--Welcome Mr. Childress.

"Calmwind" wrote:
    I have supported Onterio's abilities from day 1. I know he made some dumb mistakes but if we cant land a guy like R. Williams or E. James, we should give O. Smith a chance to win the job in camp. He gets into the endzone, he runs hard and has good hands. He just liked the weed. Its not that bad of a crime just dumb and no thought about how it affected his team. Maybe he see's now.
    O Smith..... we need to give him another chance. He is extremely talented, we need to use our draft picks for what our team really needs and keep him.

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

dfwvike is offline Training Camp

Re: The New Era--Welcome Coach Childress.

First order of business needs to be signing KRob so Onterio can work with a short field.
    Special Teams are Key!

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

We don't need Onterrio I don't thonk he can even be reinstated to be in the NFL until sometime after the draft I would rather get a good back in the draft.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Let's hope it is a long, incredibly successful tenure!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

After that press conference I feel the Vikings are capable hands like never before. Childress was honest with us; I could feel his passion; I like his idea of "details first" and acting like adults; working together from the ownership down to the groundskeepers; and finally for his thoughts that the core of everything is in the line play.
    This guy is gonna be a great coach and I have never been as excited about the Vikings future as I am right now.
    To the Wilf's and the rest of the ownership group and to Bud Grant I say "THANKS FOR A GOOD JOB WELL DONE! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    After that press conference I feel the Vikings are capable hands like never before. Childress was honest with us; I could feel his passion; I like his idea of "details first" and acting like adults; working together from the ownership down to the groundskeepers; and finally for his thoughts that the core of everything is in the line play.
    This guy is gonna be a great coach and I have never been as excited about the Vikings future as I am right now.
    To the Wilf's and the rest of the ownership group and to Bud Grant I say "THANKS FOR A GOOD JOB WELL DONE! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
    Do you think they will replay the conference? I missed it

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Do you think they will replay the conference? I missed it

I gave you the best parts of it in the "Major press conference today" thread ... what more do you want???? :lol:

You really didn't miss anything else ... really.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"DCPologirl" wrote:
    "Calmwind" wrote:
    I have supported Onterio's abilities from day 1. I know he made some dumb mistakes but if we cant land a guy like R. Williams or E. James, we should give O. Smith a chance to win the job in camp. He gets into the endzone, he runs hard and has good hands. He just liked the weed. Its not that bad of a crime just dumb and no thought about how it affected his team. Maybe he see's now.
    O Smith..... we need to give him another chance. He is extremely talented, we need to use our draft picks for what our team really needs and keep him.
    I don't know. I mean, I know the guy has talent, but if I'm in charge of setting up the draft board, and/or looking for free agents, I have to make damn sure that the guy is going to test clean from here on out before I make any plans based on his availability. We all know that it would be real stupid for him to fail another test and get perma-banned, but we all knew it would be real stupid for him to fail the last one and get the season suspension. I'm just not sold on his maturity yet.

We can give him another chance, but if we have a chance on a solid RB in either free agency or the draft, I don't want to pass on it because we have the whizzinator back.

Interesting side note that doesn't mean a thing anymore-
    This was from an article by John Clayton:
    "The Vikings, who are expected to hire Brad Childress of the Eagles on Friday, put in a call to check out the availability of (Herm) Edwards. It was a move for information before they started to work on closing on a deal for Childress. The Vikings wanted to make sure they pursued all options before settling on a coach."

Prophet Guest

"josdin00" wrote:
    This was from an article by John Clayton:
    "The Vikings, who are expected to hire Brad Childress of the Eagles on Friday, put in a call to check out the availability of (Herm) Edwards. It was a move for information before they started to work on closing on a deal for Childress. The Vikings wanted to make sure they pursued all options before settling on a coach."
    I think Zygi was sincere when he said that they checked out the best, and I mean the best, peope available.

GBFan is offline Starter

so what about Childress impresses you guys so much?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast