Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the new defense

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

the new defense

Sounds like everybody is kind of disappointed we didn't get more pressure on Vinny and so am I but keep in mind the Cowboys line is a big, physical group just like ours. I don't think our line played bad, it's just the Cowboys line played good. Udeze made a couple good plays and Kevin Williams had that awesome sack. That guy is gonna be something else.

What upsets me the most is that the Cowboys didn't have much trouble passing vertically against our secondary. But I thought Winfield looked awesome. This was my first game seeing him as a Viking and he's lived up to expectations. He made solid tackles, made a nice play causing that fumble, and on that 70 yard Cowboy kick return he pretty much saved a TD. He also stopped a couple 3rd down conversions.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

the new defense

I though Hovan was disrupive early on and had a great burst off the ball, but he really slowed down. K-Will was ALRIGHT, he had trouble stopping the run on a couple drives though. Udeze played pretty good, for a rookie. Chuck Wiley was serviceable. I would look to see them improve. The 'Boys oline played better tahn I though, but I though our O-line did a great job against the Boys d-line

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

the new defense

I took a bit of issue with Winfield's coverage - he gave way too much cushion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

the new defense

There first half play was poor i think they had the jitters and needed to com down, they are young and they were pumped, they came out in the second half and played a little better. Ej had a nice game, and Thomas made some plays. I give credit to the dallas o line that is quite a line to contain very nice. We didnt blitz a whole lot but got much better presure in the 3rd and 4th quarters. There is alot of room for improvement but it got us through this game.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

the new defense

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    I couldnt figure out why he was doin that didnt make much sense.

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: the new defense

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    Sounds like everybody is kind of disappointed we didn't get more pressure on Vinny and so am I but keep in mind the Cowboys line is a big, physical group just like ours. I don't think our line played bad, it's just the Cowboys line played good. Udeze made a couple good plays and Kevin Williams had that awesome sack. That guy is gonna be something else.

What upsets me the most is that the Cowboys didn't have much trouble passing vertically against our secondary. But I thought Winfield looked awesome. This was my first game seeing him as a Viking and he's lived up to expectations. He made solid tackles, made a nice play causing that fumble, and on that 70 yard Cowboy kick return he pretty much saved a TD. He also stopped a couple 3rd down conversions.
    I deplaned at Reagan National and hauled a$$ to my hotel in Alexandria... What do you mean the Vikes/Cowboys aren't on TV???!!! The Hilton called Joe Theisman's Bar across the street and they had the game on and it was halftime!

My observations:

- The O looks very good. We can put a lot of points on the board if we stay healthy.
    - That blown special teams punt coverage was saved by The Old Guy, Anderson. He slowed the returner down so the Vike could catch him.
    - The D didn't impress me, but they seemed to come on strong towards the end. I agree theCowgirls have a huge line, and the tackles were effectively blocking our DE's wide. We did have pressure on Vinny.
    - On the play where MeShawn is flipped, watched Vinny prior to throwing the ball. There is a Vike who is trying to get to him, on the ground, and the Cowgirl literally was laying on him and holding as the Vike crawled towards Vinny... :shock:
    - B. Williams is a stud. Our new Browner/Griffith?
    - I agree at times the DBs were giving way too much cushion, but they made some good plays too.
    - The D will get better with experience as they are young. Even though we didn't get a lot of sacks, they were in Vinny's face a lot.G

Good game! Skol Vikes! :cheers:
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

the new defense

"vikingstw" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    I couldnt figure out why he was doin that didnt make much sense.

Yeah, especially when he was on meshawn. Johnson isn't a guy who can run by winfield deep, so why play off him so much?

I also thought russell didn't do a very good job in todays game either. He seemed like he was a step slow.

We definitely have 2 starting CB's that can flat out knock you on your *ss, that is always nice.

Big Daddy is offline Starter

the new defense

"muchluv4moss" wrote:

We definitely have 2 starting CB's that can flat out knock you on your *ss, that is always nice.

You Mean Like This!
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

the new defense

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    That is true especially on those first couple drives.

And yes that was an awesome hit by Williams!
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

vikes_ova_everyone is offline Training Camp

the new defense

Damn guys the cowboys had a lot of cheap shots u would think they would be a lot classier under bill parcells i know i am very disappointed in them as im sure many others are.. Americas Team ya right they totally pissed me off 2day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast