Never thought about this ...

Eagles Wary Of Vikings’ Attack
    By Scout.com Staff
    Date: Jan 12, 2005

The Philadelphia Eagles know the Vikings can be a dangerous team, but the Eagles are also trying to avoid repeating history. For them, that means ending their playoff run at the hands of a team they beat in the regular season.

In each of the last two years, the Eagles’ Super Bowl dreams have been destroyed by a team that they had beaten during the regular season.

Two years ago, they lost to the Tampa Bay Bucs in the NFC Championship Game after easily beating them earlier in the year. Last season, they lost to the Carolina Panthers in the NFC Championship Game after beating them during the regular season.

They sincerely hope that trend won’t continue Sunday when they play host to the Minnesota Vikings in the second round of the playoffs.

Four months ago, in the second week of the season, the Eagles gave up 410 yards and 25 first downs to the Vikings, but did a good job of keeping them out of the end zone and won by 11 points, 27-16.

The Vikings earned another trip to Philly Sunday by upsetting the Green Bay Packers in the wild card round, 31-17.

"They’re really not that hard to figure out," Eagles linebacker Ike Reese said of the Vikings. "The only thing that surprised me about the (Packers) game was that Brett Favre threw four interceptions. I expected it to be a 34-31 shootout. I didn’t think Green Bay would play as bad as they did."

Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper threw for 343 yards against the Eagles in Week 2, but was sacked four times and turned the ball over twice (an interception and fumble).

"Anytime you can put up plays like they are capable of putting up, you’re dangerous," Reese said. "I said earlier that Daunte, outside of Peyton Manning, is the MVP of the league. What we have to do is keep the touchdowns off the board. We can’t let them score 35 points and get into a shoot-out with them."

The Eagles allowed more than 21 points in a game just twice this season, including their meaningless regular-season finale against Cincinnati when they rested most of their starters and lost, 38-10. The Eagles gave up just 16 passing touchdowns and three of the four members of their defensive secondary earned Pro Bowl invitations.
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

I still say we should have beaten them in the regular season, but I guess it could be a good thing that we didn't.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Thanks

Thanks for that article, now I have even more hope that our boys can really do it! Let's just hope it's a repeat of last week cause if our defense comes out the way they did, and if the fros are back we can do it, we're 2 and 0 with the fros baby. :rr:

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

No ifs in this post.

What I know is both teams are going to be confident in their own ability.

It will come down to TO, no not Terrell Owens, but Turn Overs. Those 2 TOs by DC in the first meeting cost us the game. We have to play offensive mistake free football. We know that the Eagles will score, our D hasn't improved that much that we will blank them. So we have to be able to score and that means we have to keep the ball in our hands.

Mistake Free Football Boys

It is crunch time, no errors and play loose.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Yep!
    All that and a good officiating crew. Puleeeeze!

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

parsongeorge is offline Starter

"snowinapril" wrote:
    No ifs in this post.

What I know is both teams are going to be confident in their own ability.

It will come down to TO, no not Terrell Owens, but Turn Overs. Those 2 TOs by DC in the first meeting cost us the game. We have to play offensive mistake free football. We know that the Eagles will score, our D hasn't improved that much that we will blank them. So we have to be able to score and that means we have to keep the ball in our hands.

Mistake Free Football Boys

It is crunch time, no errors and play loose.
    Exactly, and mistake free football means NO false starts and other drive killing penalties...ok vikings? :king:
    If you keep on doing what you ve done, your gonna keep on getting what you got.

vikoles is offline Coordinator

Quick start no Turnovers! Keep em under 14 or 17 points our offense will find a way to get 18 if need Vikes WIN!!!!!!
    "The pen is mightier than the sword"