Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    berserkers is offline Rookie

Negative Nancies

I don't think there is anything wrong with Vikings fans calling it how they see it. If the team is sucking, then say they are sucking......

The longer you've been a fan, and the more painful and weak seasons you've stood by this team for, the more right you have to call a spade a spade. that's how I see it anyway.

Nobody likes a whiner, and especially when it's from a bandwagon nancy who's only been watching the team for 2 years, or since Moss has come along or something...

But I've been a fan for the past 23 years, and anyone who knows me knows that there isn't a bandwagon bone in my body. I suspect it's the same for many old timers around here. My brother has been a fan for the past 35 years, and I don't know if there is a more pessimistic guy out there, but you know what, come Sunday afternoon, he's cheering on the boys.

No, people can bitch and complain about the folks that like to keep it real, and state the obvious, but in the end, I find those people just as annoying as the ones that incessantly bitch and complain. In the end, wearing the purple goggles and living out in la-la land about the potential of this team is just as bad as not giving them any credit.

In the end, there needs to be a happy medium. Love the team for what they are and stick by them no matter what, but not so much that you are completely blinded to their shortcomings.... and be critical of the team when they deserve it, but not so much that you appear to complain about every minor detail...

everything in moderation.
    [img:a634b559b7]http://www.myimgs.com/data/islandercountry/bannerbbers.gif[/img:a634b559b7]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Negative Nancies

I'm not saying people can't bitch and complain, but don't say I'm giving up hope or I'm not going to watch those guys anymore, etc!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Negative Nancies

well I agree, those comments are kind of bandwagon. i don't think I have ever said that...

although, I do know some guys that do say stuff like that after a hard loss, and they are right back at it the following Sunday too...

I guess it depends on the person. Some people, they just get so emotional and mad about a loss, that stuff comes out of their mouth that they don't mean. In alot of cases, in a weird way, that's how you know they are so passionate about the team.
    [img:a634b559b7]http://www.myimgs.com/data/islandercountry/bannerbbers.gif[/img:a634b559b7]

Negative Nancies

Hey, I get as pissed off as the next guy when we lose and it's hard to even think about football for a day or two (especially living in Wisconsin) but I don't think I can bring myself to those kinds of statements! I was at the Vikes-Seattle game and after Daunte got sacked to end the game this guy that was leaving was like "that's why the vikes will never win the superbowl with daunte... blah blah blah" then he went on to say some crap about how Frerotte would have won that game and at this time I am done listening to him cuz I was getting pissed at this moron!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Negative Nancies

well that's just obsurd....
    some people should be muzzled because they have no idea what they are saying.... I mean constructive criticism is one thing but...

and I don't see how anyone can say anything about Daunte... If Manning didn't have the kind of season he had, Daunte would be the talk of the town... Daunte IS this offense, in many ways moreso than Moss.

Negative Nancies

Yeah, breaking the all time record for most yards in a season does deserve a benching to Gus (I hurt my necking running into a wall after I scored a TD) Frerotte

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567