Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

diesavike is offline Rookie

Negative Nancies

"casper" wrote:
    Webby :notworthy: A fricken MEN
    Ditto
    Sell crazy someplace else...we're all stocked up here.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Negative Nancies

Don't judge too harshly lest ye be judged! Having been a Vikings fan (the first and ONLY NFL team that I have ever rooted for) for 30+ years, I think that I have earned the right to criticize a little bit, especially when the Vikes have failed to close the deal on several occasions. Now don't get me wrong, being a true fan means that you have got to stick with your team through thick and thin, but the "thin" is wearing thin. It is time for the ownership and management to stand and deliver, just as the fans have done for 40+ years. Just because the diehard fans will never give up on the team is no reason for the powers that be to take that for granted. They owe us the very best players, coaches and management that can reasonably be allocated to the team...anything less and they are the ones that should be questioned. Fans like most of the dedicated posters here (and I have witnessed some incredibly dedicated Vikings fans in the time that I have been here) deserve NOTHING LESS!

Forever a Vikings fan...cajunvike
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Wyndy11 is offline Rookie

Negative Nancies

Go Webby....you tell um

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Negative Nancies

"vking" wrote:
    Ra-Ra boys. Is this what you wanna see year after year? Counting down games saying we still have a chance when it shouldn't even be this way.

I'm a fan but geeze better start making some noise or things will never change. A couple games ago I may have had optomism but you're loking at history repeating itself, that simple. I know I blasted the boards with what you'd call negetivity but a more serious mind sees it as truth.
    Well, if you believe that making irrational belly-aching comments will change the team and force Red to sell, I have some land in the Artic to sell you. Guaranteed to bring a Superbowl. After all, we'd have the secret weapon no-one else has: artic training ground. Yeehaa!

If you believe calling for a top tier QB to be fired, you're in lala land. If you believe Tice called the Moss pass, you're watching Lacrosse. If you tell me you would have been pissed even if the play worked, cmon: I'm not buying that tonic. We would have been game winning geniuses had it worked.

Be consistent. Being let down and angry like most of us are right now is fine. Expressing that anger is all good. But for all things holy, think about it.

The team has problems. Now we're all on the same page. But I look at the biggest flame threads and they come from those who guaranteed Superbowl when we were 5-1.

I guess 31 teams repeat history every year, year after year. They put together back-to-back non Superbowl winning teams. Fire the whole lot of them! Worthless!

Now that, sir, is truth. Didn't say you had to be happy about it.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Negative Nancies

May I be the voice of reason here Webby? As a long-time Viking fan (almost 30 years), I have seen the ups and downs of this team. I just think all these "Negative Nancies" are trying to be realistic. And right now, I'm one myself. I am SO sick and tired of seeing this team underachieve for the last ten years that it's getting ridiculous. It just seems to me that what ails this team is so SIMPLE that people wonder why the HECK we get frustrated! Anyway, please go lenient on us - we're just sick and tired of the underachieving!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Negative Nancies

"shockzilla" wrote:
    May I be the voice of reason here Webby? As a long-time Viking fan (almost 30 years), I have seen the ups and downs of this team. I just think all these "Negative Nancies" are trying to be realistic. And right now, I'm one myself. I am SO sick and tired of seeing this team underachieve for the last ten years that it's getting ridiculous. It just seems to me that what ails this team is so SIMPLE that people wonder why the HECK we get frustrated! Anyway, please go lenient on us - we're just sick and tired of the underachieving!
    :shock:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Negative Nancies

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Don't judge too harshly lest ye be judged! Having been a Vikings fan (the first and ONLY NFL team that I have ever rooted for) for 30+ years, I think that I have earned the right to criticize a little bit, especially when the Vikes have failed to close the deal on several occasions. Now don't get me wrong, being a true fan means that you have got to stick with your team through thick and thin, but the "thin" is wearing thin. It is time for the ownership and management to stand and deliver, just as the fans have done for 40+ years. Just because the diehard fans will never give up on the team is no reason for the powers that be to take that for granted. They owe us the very best players, coaches and management that can reasonably be allocated to the team...anything less and they are the ones that should be questioned. Fans like most of the dedicated posters here (and I have witnessed some incredibly dedicated Vikings fans in the time that I have been here) deserve NOTHING LESS!

Forever a Vikings fan...cajunvike
    well, i am not trying to make enemies in here.......but i have to call all you candy coating, yea saying, rainbow brite and my little pony lovers of your vikings out. i dont see it. i have been trying to stay positive throughout the past couple of months, but have been sucker-punched too many times to get up off the mat and not bitch a little. i dont think it is fair to CRITICIZE the nancies for not being happy AT THIS POINT IN THE SEASON. it surely looks, smells, and tastes like last year. instead of JUST ripping us, give us something to hang the ol vikes hat on. if you can. i am willing to look at anything POSITIVE right now. i have been a viking fan since 1970.......34 years. i have never waivered. people ask me all the time, well root for your other team. OTHER TEAM?????????? what, are you crazy? there is the vikes and only the vikes!!!! i have seen it all, and have watched every game since 95, with the sunday ticket. i have spent hundreds of dollars on vikings gear. i am sure that "I" am loyal. i was so pissed when the vikes moved to HHH, and i dont like what is going on with my team. i have been to 3 games that have been close to me and plan on going to more when time and money allows, whether or not they are 3-10 or 7-6 and limping into the end of the season i will go. and thanks cajun, you said much better than i, i am too rough around the edges with a biting tongue.

eastcoastvikes is offline Starter

Negative Nancies

Being a littile bit of a newbie compared to a lot of you (Only 10 years of Viking Fandom) I guess I can't understand your level of frustration. However, I will say this, based on what I have figured out winning out still equals a division title. I would be lying if I said I wasn't amazed at the stupidity of the playcalling in the redzone yesterday, however at the same time I do like that they were agressive. That is what gets me a little bit, when the Vikings throw the ball downfield a lot of people are upset because they were too agressive but when they don't they complain about that too. Except for that reverse I have no problem with the playcalling yesterday. Could the game have gone better? Yes! However, it would not surprise me to see the Vikes play the Seahawks again in the playoffs because someone has to make it. Personally I feel that this was a tough loss to take but it really amazes me how much people are making out of it, it is ONE loss, let's move on and cheer on the Vikes against the Motor City Kitties. A win next week sets up a pretty nice Christmas Eve matchup for the NFC North title! SKOL VIKES!!!!

Sig courtesy of josdin00

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Negative Nancies

"shockzilla" wrote:

Took the words right out of mouth Shockzilla!!

A 4th quarter drive with 2 minutes left in the game. You are down by 4 points and have driven to the red zone, and they try a trick play with a receiver throwing into double coverage in the endzone. Come On, who is calling these plays!
    :x :cry: :shaking: ale:
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast