Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Negative Nancies

Abound. Time for the fans to speak.

3 games left. You can take the easy way out and froth and foam, or you can suck it up like everyone else. Having courage to be a fan when we lose a game is much more rewarding and admirable than it is to listen to all these people yapping about how the sky is falling. I'd think we're 1-15 the way you people talk, not in a dog fight for the playoffs when cheering means more than booing.

Shame.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Negative Nancies

THANK YOU WEBBY!!!!!

poult is offline Asst. Coach

Negative Nancies

damn right.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

eastcoastvikes is offline Starter

Negative Nancies

Thank you Webby!

Sig courtesy of josdin00

vking is offline Training Camp

Negative Nancies

Ra-Ra boys. Is this what you wanna see year after year? Counting down games saying we still have a chance when it shouldn't even be this way.

I'm a fan but geeze better start making some noise or things will never change. A couple games ago I may have had optomism but you're loking at history repeating itself, that simple. I know I blasted the boards with what you'd call negetivity but a more serious mind sees it as truth.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Negative Nancies

I have been a Viking fan for 37 years. I will suck it up again on.....probably Thursday. And if it were just this game we lost I would suck it up on Tuesday. However its losing 5 of the last 7 that makes the turn around on sucking it up a little slower..Fortunatly I have had a lot more experience sucking it up than most on this board. I wish I could say it gets easier....but it doesn't. :tongue:

If we weren't complaining there would be very few posts on this board lol. How many ways is there to say "we will get them next week" ? :cheers:

WWBGD

Negative Nancies

I will always be a Vikings fan no matter if they are 0-16 or Superbowl Champs. However, I know talent when I see it and I see a bad coach when I see one. We have both and I want the most out of my team, not nail biting at the end of every season. We should be up there with the Eagles and the Falcons as the NFC elite. We should not collapse after the first half of the season. Im sorry if I sound pessimistic but sometimes you have to be honest with yourself and realize that something has to give in order for us to win a Bowl. I will be at the bar on Sunday with Vikes gear on again cheering us and going nuts, but I would be far more optimistic if we made some big changes in ownership and coaching. I mean Culpepper, Moss and crew are not going to be young and thriving forever and you have to strike while the iron is hot. I think you guys/gals will realize that Tice was not good when we get a real coach next year. Everything happens for a reason and maybe Randy's pass was a blessing in disguise.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Negative Nancies

All I can say is the fans at the stadium were booing the Vikings defense. what more is there to say?
    can we clone Bud Grant?

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Negative Nancies

the only thing that i am negative about is that frickin playcalling, cant say any thing positive about that. and i agree with rk.....our next weeks are running out again, and we were 8-5 last year at this time, and went 1-2 down the last three...........WHO WOULDNT BE A LITTLE PISSED!!!????? and anxious......and not really happy about the way the team is run on game day or anytime during the week i guess also. i'm not buying until the vikes close the deal. which looks like it will be another year to hear how much of choke artists we are. now we are on the road this week coming up. got any good ones for us nancies to hang our hat on this week? WEEK TO WEEK YOU HAVE TO "PUT" THE PLAYERS IN THE BEST SPOT TO WIN THE GAME. that has not been done!!!!!!

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Re: Negative Nancies

"webmaster" wrote:
    Abound. Time for the fans to speak.

3 games left. You can take the easy way out and froth and foam, or you can suck it up like everyone else. Having courage to be a fan when we lose a game is much more rewarding and admirable than it is to listen to all these people yapping about how the sky is falling. I'd think we're 1-15 the way you people talk, not in a dog fight for the playoffs when cheering means more than booing.

Shame.
    Alas, letting the fans speak means absolutely jack.....
    Red MCCombs owns the team and he wants Tice as the coach because Tice comes cheap. Say what you will about Tice, maybe you love him, hate him, or feel lukewarm about him. It doesn't mean anything because we are only fans and Red knows that the fans will blindly follow the team no matter what. Field a lousy team...So what. The stands will still be full. The jersets will still sell, Red will still receive his TV rights millions, and he will continue to make money. All is good for Red. Winning the superbowl means nothing for him for he does not own the stadium so his profits will not go up. This is why he doesn't go out and spend to the cap limit. He can immediately pocket those millions as proven profit.

Until Red is gone, this thread will continue.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast