Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Frostbite is offline Coach

Needs of The Team/Fan Perspective

I'm not usually a polling post kind of fan...but I have read so many great post on all sides of the debate on this board (I thank all of you)....that I am now trying to get an overall sense of what the top position concerns are from a fan perspective.

Again....I thank all of you in advance for participating.

Cheers!

I am fairly new here so if a similar poll has been done recently I appologize to all....
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Needs of The Team/Fan Perspective

i dont think there is one definate answer here, i think all the positions together are the problem, lack of protection doesnt help the qb, receivers lack of getting open doesnt help the Oline, oline not handling pressure makes TE have to block instead of routes

however will all the position problems you have to think maybe its the coaches not doing their job.. maybe the players are executing what the coaches tell them and the schemes are just not what fits personnel

so i put my vote in for the coaches gotta blame the people on top

Thanks josdin00

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I have to go with QB at this point.
    If the play of our QB improves even slightly, we will start winning more games.
    I am really hoping that TJack is able to evolve into the QB we need him to be by the end of this season.
    If not, then we need to find a new one.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    I am really hoping that TJack is able to evolve into the QB we need him to be by the end of this season.
    Ditto.

+1

What he said.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

1. QB
    2. RT
    3. WR
    4. DE/DT penetrating disruptive
    5. one of each.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Ditto.

+1

What he said.

=Z=
    What happened to the 3 to 4 years that tjack was going to need. Now he has a year and a half or he's out? Be patient.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Suprise Suprise.

I voted OL but would rank them as such as priorities in the Draft/FA period next year.

Draft
    1. RT
    2. WR
    3. DT
    4. C
    5. QB
    6. WR
    7. LB
    (I think we have at least one extra pick this year, but assume we will use it to move up someplace)

FA
    1. QB
    2. WR
    3. C
    4. DT
    5. WR
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Ditto.

+1

What he said.

=Z=
    What happened to the 3 to 4 years that tjack was going to need. Now he has a year and a half or he's out? Be patient.
    The three or four years should have involved two or three on the sidelines learning.
    For better or for worse, he was thrust in the starting role long before he was ready.
    Not that he is there, he needs to go big or go home.

I honestly wish that we would have brought in another veteran QB to mentor TJ for another year or two.
    But it is hard to sell a vet QB on the idea of coming in and playing stop-gate until the young QB matures...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I think we would be a competitor with decent QB play this year but there are a lot of holes on offense. Next year we need to go out there and pick up a veteran in FA and pick a proven college QB in the first two rounds of the draft.

We need a playmaker at QB AND WR. I see some young threats at WR but no real playmakers. I really hope rice develops into one but I doubt he's going to be that real playmaker we need for another year or two. That said, he would make a perfect second WR next to a proven playmaker veteran.

We also need consistent play from the o-line but right now IMO it's not the most important thing. We shouldn't address the right tackle position in the draft unless its in the 1st round.

I think Shiancoe is a playmaker when given a chance but I really like the prospect of drafting big TE's like Matt Spaeth in the later rounds.

So in other words, get a good qb in FA and the best available vet receiver, pick a RT in the 1st round, pick a qb in the 2nd, and pick a TE in the 3rd.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Frostbite" wrote:
    I'm not usually a polling post kind of fan...but I have read so many great post on all sides of the debate on this board (I thank all of you)....that I am now trying to get an overall sense of what the top position concerns are from a fan perspective.

Again....I thank all of you in advance for participating.

Cheers!

I am fairly new here so if a similar poll has been done recently I appologize to all....
    We have addressed it in other threads, but having a thread dedicated to it is good.

QB
    Refer to #1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast