Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    howkings is offline Rookie

Re: In need of a Strong Safety

I was hoping we would get Tank when he came out of college. I never liked the angles Cory would take on the receiver. He always seemed to have a difficult time on open field tackles. I'm definately not worried about our safeties this year.

"Mr Anderson" wrote:
    Maybe Sean Taylor will do something ridiculous w/ the Redskins this year, and they'll trade him for cheap, or release him. Then we can pick him up :smile:
    Ughh...

Please God, no. All we need is someone like him on the team. That guy carries more baggage than a fully loaded 747. We really need to keep good character a priority on this team.
    Even babies know the difference.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    "Mr Anderson" wrote:
    Maybe Sean Taylor will do something ridiculous w/ the Redskins this year, and they'll trade him for cheap, or release him. Then we can pick him up :smile:
    Ughh...

Please God, no. All we need is someone like him on the team. That guy carries more baggage than a fully loaded 747. We really need to keep good character a priority on this team.

I agree with Kramer all the one on this one..

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    "Mr Anderson" wrote:
    Ughh...

Honestly, I think the character issues that everyone brings up are ridiculous, I dont care what a player does off the field, as long as he gives everything he has, and plays well on the field.

And if we wanna bring up character issues, I could always say that Mewelde Moore, Fred Smoot, Bryant McKinnie, Culpepper(already is) and many others who were on the "Love Boat" should be gone.

Every player in the league can't be like Hines Ward ukeright: or Tedy Bruschi ukeright: , but I'll tell you what, he sure as hell can play better than both of them.

"Mr Anderson" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:
    "Mr Anderson" wrote:
    Ughh...

Honestly, I think the character issues that everyone brings up are ridiculous, I dont care what a player does off the field, as long as he gives everything he has, and plays well on the field.

And if we wanna bring up character issues, I could always say that Mewelde Moore, Fred Smoot, Bryant McKinnie, Culpepper(already is) and many others who were on the "Love Boat" should be gone.

Every player in the league can't be like Hines Ward ukeright: or Tedy Bruschi ukeright: , but I'll tell you what, he sure as hell can play better than both of them.
    Agreed

I'm not looking for someone to marry my future daughter. I looking for someone to help us win.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr Anderson" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:
    "Mr Anderson" wrote:
    Ughh...

Moore wasn't on the love boat, Moe Williams was.

And the character issues AREN'T overblown. The off the field things may not affect the locker room directly, but those types of people are not good to have around the team, because if they cause trouble for people off the field they'll do the same thing on the field.

Take TO for example. He's one of the best receivers in the game and has had great numebrs and busts his ass every single play, but his character is awful and he causes problems with coaches and quarterbacks everywhere he goes.

Also, people that behave like children off the field send a message to the rest of the team that they can act however they want and not be punished for it. If teams let their players stir up trouble and not be punished for doing illegal or immoral things then how does that team keep a level of superiority or authority over them? Once a coach or an organization loses authority over thier team they cease to be the leader of that team, and then they're doomed.

Look at the last several Super Bowl winners. How many "off the field" issues have there been? Very few in comparison to the Vikings, which is partially why they're so much more successful. The Steelers had very few issues, the only one being Joey Porter's mouth (which by the way he backed up) and the Patriots are notorious for being goodie two-shoes.

It may be a cliche, but the off the field issues DO cause a "distraction". The love boat scandal should be case in point. Look at how we played against the Bears the following week. Even Daunte admitted it took his focus off of the game.

Character issues are a big deal, IMO.

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    "Mr Anderson" wrote:
    "kramer9guy" wrote:
    "Mr Anderson" wrote:
    Ughh...

Moore wasn't on the love boat, Moe Williams was.

And the character issues AREN'T overblown. The off the field things may not affect the locker room directly, but those types of people are not good to have around the team, because if they cause trouble for people off the field they'll do the same thing on the field.

Take TO for example. He's one of the best receivers in the game and has had great numebrs and busts his jiggly butt every single play, but his character is awful and he causes problems with coaches and quarterbacks everywhere he goes.

Also, people that behave like children off the field send a message to the rest of the team that they can act however they want and not be punished for it. If teams let their players stir up trouble and not be punished for doing illegal or immoral things then how does that team keep a level of superiority or authority over them? Once a coach or an organization loses authority over thier team they cease to be the leader of that team, and then they're doomed.

Look at the last several Super Bowl winners. How many "off the field" issues have there been? Very few in comparison to the Vikings, which is partially why they're so much more successful. The Steelers had very few issues, the only one being Joey Porter's mouth (which by the way he backed up) and the Patriots are notorious for being goodie two-shoes.

It may be a cliche, but the off the field issues DO cause a "distraction". The love boat scandal should be case in point. Look at how we played against the Bears the following week. Even Daunte admitted it took his focus off of the game.

Character issues are a big deal, IMO.
    Well said.
    Even babies know the difference.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

we're fine w/ the safeties we got, we got a younger, harder hitting safety in tank, give him a chance

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Agreed, give the Tank a chance...He'll prove himself a valuable pick up

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast