Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

In need of a Strong Safety

With the loss of C. Chavous the vikings have a little problem with the strong safety position. I am very comfortable with every other position(with the exception of the Linebackers, not sure whats really ganna happen there with all the new guys). Not having a good SS could mean the difference between having a defense ranked 5th or 25th...I am a little concerned.

Re: In need of a Strong Safety

Why would you be worried already? Give Frank the Tank Williams a chance or Offord. Plus we drafted hard hitting Greg Blue. There are teams far worse than were sitting right now.

Just wait and see what happens.

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

Did you not catch the signing of Tank Williams? (SS) he's a pro-bowl caliber player when healthy.

I think our DB's are better this year.

Jarlvik2006 is offline Rookie

"Vike_Fanatic" wrote:
    With the loss of C. Chavous the vikings have a little problem with the strong safety position. I am very comfortable with every other position(with the exception of the Linebackers, not sure whats really ganna happen there with all the new guys). Not having a good SS could mean the difference between having a defense ranked 5th or 25th...I am a little concerned.
    I really think you should give Tank, Willie, and Blue a chance. I can't agree that there's a problem at SS (or LB) although I'd like to reserve final judgement until I've seen some games.
    Cory could definitely read but was better in coverage than in bringing it into the box. Tonlin's D will require more physical SS play (like Lynch did at Tampa).
    I m Watching You- You may not see me, you may not hear me, but I m watching you...

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

No need to do anything.. With Tank, and Blue, and Offord, there is no need for concern.

jpfridge is offline Waterboy

We have armed forces with the TANK!! ss is no concern at all. We should be a little concerned with MLB. This is the position that could really hurt in the cover 2 defense if the middle lb does not have speed. We are in a great position with this upgraded defense, we should be very tough! The only thing I would think about doing is signing a veteran MLB to a 2 yr deal to teach the young guns we already have. Cowart didnt cut it. We should really think about d edwards for a draft pick. That would be cheap for alot of knowledge.
    thats my take!

Top_Speed is offline Starter

I'm tanking he'll be a fine replacement. Corey who? Well (old) #21 was a good college draft guru anyway... ya couldn't see those slow bow-legs on the (TV) draft coverage so thumbs-up to his future TV gig.
    Home Sweet Dome...

oakmage is offline Starter

I also agree with most of the others and that we will be fine at SS with what we have. LB I am crossing my fingers, and I hope that we will be presently surprised as to how well this LB corp. will play.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Maybe Sean Taylor will do something ridiculous w/ the Redskins this year, and they'll trade him for cheap, or release him. Then we can pick him up :smile:

I know he's a FS, but I'm sure he can play SS.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Offord has shown that he's a pretty good safety when he's been healthy and I really think Tank Williams is going to do very nicely as the starter. I think our strong safety position is pretty well set.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast