Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    poult is offline Asst. Coach

need to know if a packer fan thats a friend is lying to me..

ok, this guy i know is claiming there was an article in the pioneer press or whatever its called that said mike tice was considering going to coach the university of washington. did ANYONE see this so called article? i dont see how this could be a subject with him having another year on his contract, especially during the season like this.

so im guesing its fake. him just messing with me. just wondering if anyone can give me a yes or no on it.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Posted on Thu, Nov. 25, 2004

Does college want Tice?

CHARLEY WALTERS

A month ago, Vikings offensive coordinator Scott Linehan's name was being mentioned among those being considered for the University of Washington head coaching job.

This week, Vikings head coach Mike Tice's name has joined the rumor mill. Tice, who owns a home in Seattle and is in the third year of a four-year contract with the Vikings, wouldn't comment when asked Wednesday if he would be interested.

The Vikings have a $1 million contract option on Tice for next year. The Washington job would pay significantly more than that.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Here is the article...Tice had no comment on rumors that he was being considered for the UW job, but the article says that he would make more money (not to hard with what Tightwad Red is paying him).

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/columnists/charley_walters/10267369.htm?1c
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

skogs02 is offline Starter

i always go to pioneerpress.com and i have never seen anything like that at all

superior230bartime is offline Pro-Bowler

Here is what was posted on profootballtalk.com

HUSKIES INTERESTED IN MEATHEAD?

Charley Walters of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that the name of Vikings coach Mike "Meathead" Tice has surfaced as a possible candidate for the head-coaching job at the University of Washington.

Tice, who declined to comment on the situation on Wednesday, is in the final year of his Vikings contract. However, the team holds a $1 million option for 2005.

Tice owns a home in Seattle, dating back to his days with the Seahawks.

In our view, Tice's rah-rah, pencil-in-the-ear, foot-in-the-rear routine might play better in college than it does in the NFL. Though some of the players respond favorably to his antics, we think he'd connect better with guys who are, well, younger and stupider.

That's not to say Tice isn't a solid NFL coach. He is. But whether he's got the senses and the smarts to push a team into deep into the postseason is a question which to date can be answered with a resounding "no f-in' way."
    purplepride.org: Home of Disillusioned Vikings Fans World-wide

damn, so he was telling the truth.......... now i have to go and say apparently you were right to him. ha, damn, i was hoping he was wrong.

i wonder if tice is considering it, if it is really a considerable amount more in salary, and rumor has it he has a home in seattle, i guess it'd be pretty tempting.
    Tender Branson

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

You forgot to bring along this little "nugget" from profootballtalk.com in your haste to post the Tice article, bartime...so I took the liberty of posting it for you.

SUNDAY ONE-LINERS

Packers RB Najeh "Dookie" Davenport might mount the throne at tailback on Monday night against the Rams, if starter Ahman Green (ribs) can't go.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

superior230bartime is offline Pro-Bowler

"cajunvike" wrote:
    You forgot to bring along this little "nugget" from profootballtalk.com in your haste to post the Tice article, bartime...so I took the liberty of posting it for you.

SUNDAY ONE-LINERS

Packers RB Najeh "Dookie" Davenport might mount the throne at tailback on Monday night against the Rams, if starter Ahman Green (ribs) can't go.
    No, actually I didn't forget Cajun, it just has no relevance to his question.
    purplepride.org: Home of Disillusioned Vikings Fans World-wide

yeah, well its true that the davenport thing had nothing to do with my question. but im just wondering what kinda site is that you guys got that article from. i've never been there, but it seems from the quotes to be a pretty sketchy football site.
    Tender Branson

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

What is really sick is that the U of W coaching job pays more than the Vikes head coaching position. :roll:

WWBGD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast