Thread: Need Advice

Need Advice

Hey guys
    Im finally going to my first Vikings game. Going on Nov 26 vs the Cardinals. I was wondering if you guys had any advice on what hotel would be good to stay at. We werent sure if its better to stay near the Mall of America Or the Dome. We will be getting in on Thursday so we have a few days to kill before the game.

We possibly thought about staying downtown too.(if theres anything cool bars to hit up down there) We just have no idea where anything is none of us have been to Minneapolis (except the airport).

Also we were wondering where is the best tailgaiting.

Any advice on what we could do while were in town, what hotel to stay at , and where too tailgate would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance everyone

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Need Advice

DON'T stay at the Holiday Inn Metrodome...I stayed there for the Bears game...it wasn't even that close to the Dome...and it was overrun by obnoxious Bores fans!!!
    PLUS it is WAY too expensive.

The next time I go to a game, I will most likely stay downtown near the Target Center...the bars are all near there and the light rail terminates in the Warehouse District right near Rapid Park (where ALL good PP.O'ers tailgate!)
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

The best tailgaiting will be at Rapid Park, which is behind the target center. It is also where are PP.O tailgates are & I believe we will have one there for that game.

If you stay at a hotel near the Mall Of America, you can catch the light-rail there & it will take you right to the Dome, but it's about a mile from the Dome to Rapid Park. However, there is a stop that the light-rail makes about two blocks from Rapid Park.

The hotels very near the mall & downtown are more expensive, so I generally find one that's a little further out. You can check Hotels.com for prices.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

thanks for your guys help. I booked at the comfort inn mall of america.....im so excited

thanks again

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"vikings_fan66" wrote:
    thanks for your guys help. I booked at the comfort inn mall of america.....im so excited

thanks again
    Good call. The light rail is cheap, and there are tons of places to eat and kill time at & around the mall.
    -Sno

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I know you already booked your hotel, but for future reference and anyone else reading...the Vikings used to stay in the Minneapolis Hilton the night before games. I'm not sure if they do anymore, but when I went to Minny in 2000 we stayed at the Hilton. I got to see a bunch of players, was on the elevator with a few and met Cris Carter outside the hotel lobby. Not sure if they still stay there or not...but that's food for thought.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Ltrey33" wrote:
    I know you already booked your hotel, but for future reference and anyone else reading...the Vikings used to stay in the Minneapolis Hilton the night before games. I'm not sure if they do anymore, but when I went to Minny in 2000 we stayed at the Hilton. I got to see a bunch of players, was on the elevator with a few and met Cris Carter outside the hotel lobby. Not sure if they still stay there or not...but that's food for thought.
    The one nice thing about the Hilton is that celebs do stay there. A fun thing to do is call the front desk & have a celebrity paged, then watch for all the people who gather in the lobby to see if he/she shows up.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"