Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Purple D is offline Starter

Re: NBC is considering moving one of the Vikings' games to prime-time

That would make two nationally televised games left for the Vikings then.
    We already have a Monday night game vs. the bears left.
    That My friends is something to be excited about.
    Four score and seven years ago, Brad Childress has brought upon this team, a west coast offense, conceived in San Francisco, and Dedicated to be a Kick jiggly butt offence. We are now engaged in an NFL season, testing weather that offense can get going or that our defense can long endure.

KevinK is offline Starter

That would mean probably week 16 vs. the Skins or week 17 vs. the Broncos.
    I would be really excited to see them on Sunday Primetime on NBC.
    It would maybe excite the fans to support the team a little more like say maybe a.......... STADIUM!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I hope it is the Washington game, I bet the dome gets louder for a big game like that which could help the vikings get the win.
    Denver's last ranked rush D is going to be a great end to the regular season regardless of if it is primetime or not.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    I hope it is the Washington game, I bet the dome gets louder for a big game like that which could help the vikings get the win.
    Denver's last ranked rush D is going to be a great end to the regular season regardless of if it is primetime or not.
    I actually bet it is the Washington game.
    Not only will they get the storyline of Sean Taylor, but they also have a better chance of seeing AD have a huge game.
    He can run better in the dome than on a snowy field in Denver in December...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

lol, marrdo i'm sure you loved this quote

Upon further review
    Coach Brad Childress won a fourth-quarter challenge in the Vikings' 42-10 victory over Detroit on Sunday when it was ruled Lions quarterback Jon Kitna had fumbled on a play that originally was called an incomplete pass. While the reversal gave linebacker E.J. Henderson an 8-yard sack, it did not result in a change of possession despite the fact the Vikings recovered the ball.

That's because the ruling on the field had been an incomplete pass, so as soon as the ball hit the ground, the play was dead. Childress was advised of this by referee Larry Nemmers, but the Vikings coach still decided it would be worth the challenge to put Detroit in a second-and-18 from the Minnesota 37. The Lions ended up punting.

"I was really trying to work on my challenge numbers," Childress joked. "I like to inflate those whenever I can."

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    lol, marrdo i'm sure you loved this quote

Upon further review
    Coach Brad Childress won a fourth-quarter challenge in the Vikings' 42-10 victory over Detroit on Sunday when it was ruled Lions quarterback Jon Kitna had fumbled on a play that originally was called an incomplete pass. While the reversal gave linebacker E.J. Henderson an 8-yard sack, it did not result in a change of possession despite the fact the Vikings recovered the ball.

That's because the ruling on the field had been an incomplete pass, so as soon as the ball hit the ground, the play was dead. Childress was advised of this by referee Larry Nemmers, but the Vikings coach still decided it would be worth the challenge to put Detroit in a second-and-18 from the Minnesota 37. The Lions ended up punting.

"I was really trying to work on my challenge numbers," Childress joked. "I like to inflate those whenever I can."
    I did and pulled it out of the article.
    I think the Chiller has a sense of humor even though it is like a bent shitcan sometimes.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    I actually bet it is the Washington game.
    Not only will they get the storyline of Sean Taylor, but they also have a better chance of seeing AD have a huge game.
    He can run better in the dome than on a snowy field in Denver in December...
    very true.. if i get my new job this week i might have to try & snatch tickets for it

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

In addition to the Vikings-Redskins, more attractive games in the penultimate week could include Philadelphia at New Orleans and the Giants at Buffalo.
    I think the Vikings-Redskins would be the way to go for that. Eagles-Saints sounds like it would be okay.

It's a near certainty the Chiefs-Jets game will be replaced in the final week. NBC's choices could be Vikings-Broncos, Lions-Packers or Saints-Bears.
    Again, I think the Vikings-Broncos would be the way to go here. Lions won't even be in the race anymore and the Packers might be resting players. Neither the Saints nor the Bears will likely be in the race either.

This is assuming we beat the 49ers this week. If we lose, we will have a tough time getting one of these primetime spots.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

"happy" wrote:
    In addition to the Vikings-Redskins, more attractive games in the penultimate week could include Philadelphia at New Orleans and the Giants at Buffalo.
    I think the Vikings-Redskins would be the way to go for that. Eagles-Saints sounds like it would be okay.

It's a near certainty the Chiefs-Jets game will be replaced in the final week. NBC's choices could be Vikings-Broncos, Lions-Packers or Saints-Bears.
    Again, I think the Vikings-Broncos would be the way to go here. Lions won't even be in the race anymore and the Packers might be resting players. Neither the Saints nor the Bears will likely be in the race either.

This is assuming we beat the 49ers this week. If we lose, we will have a tough time getting one of these primetime spots.
    if we lose to the 9ers we don't deserve a primetime spot imo

- Dan Calabrese

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "happy" wrote:

if we lose to the 9ers we don't deserve a primetime spot imo

I hear that, but the bottom line is, you play well, you win, you have a shot at the playoffs, good things come to you and your fans.....Like added TV coverage.....

Go Vikes

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast