Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Napoleon Harris as inside linebacker

I been flirting with the thought of moving Napoleon Harris to Inside Linebacker..

From what i have found out, the Raiders actually drafted Harris, as an ILB prospect.. And from what i know he actually started in the Superbowl vs Tamba as Inside Linebacker..

Also i would love to sign Jamie Sharper and then it would look something like this

Leber - Napo - J-Sharper..

Any thoughts on this idea??

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Napoleon Harris as inside linebacker

I would like that very much. I'd really like us to get Abdul Hodge to play MLB maybe in the second. But I'm really hoping Nappo didnt go cold turkey on his football skills and can return to playing at a higher level.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Napo was horrible last year, I'm having doubts about wether he'll ever get back on the field as a starter period. Maybe with good coaching he can get it done, we will see.

As far as i'm concerned his major weakness is coverage, not good.

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

What will we do with EJ then?

I don't think I want Jamie Sharper...he's been bouncing around for a reason. He's might still have the skills to play but I want us to groom a young stud somewhere along that LB position.

Personally, Leber-Napo-Sharper would be extremely horrible.

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

I can show you guys a ton of my posts from last offseason after we acquired Napo, where I said we are really blowing this Moss trade if we don't use Napo at MLB. He is a much much better suited to play MLB and it showed when he had his best year in Oakland playing MLB in a 4-3.

I don't think he is a stud MLB, but he is twice the player in the middle then he is outside.

If we don't find a MLB this offseason, I wouldn't mind seeing him and DT battle for the starting MLB spot.

I still think we should use EJ at strong side LB though and sign witherspoon or peterson for WILL, instead of this crappy news that we are looking at signing Leber, who is a SAM LB. I guess that could mean we are looking at putting EJ back in the middle and hopefully looking for a WILL this offseason too.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

We still have Dontarrius Thomas that is well suited for the cover 2. The problem with him, is that he was under coached with Cottrell. With Tomlin coming in, look for him to be really big on Thomas. He is fast, great coverage, young, and in need of great coaching.. Could be a starter in the new cover 2.

And I will ABSOLUTELY pass on Sharper. He is on the decline of his career. We need to fix our Lb situation with some good players who are hitting their prime like a witherspoon or peterson, or possibly one in the first round of the draft.

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

Well I wouldn't mind signin Jamie for cheap CHEAP CHEAP. If we don't resign Newman we will need some leadership on that defense. Note that he is also Darren Sharpers brother so they might have some kind of chemistry there. Sign him but just don't start him.

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

"PurpleManiac" wrote:
    Well I wouldn't mind signin Jamie for cheap CHEAP CHEAP. If we don't resign Newman we will need some leadership on that defense. Note that he is also Darren Sharpers brother so they might have some kind of chemistry there. Sign him but just don't start him.

Oh yeah, I would take sharper as a backup LB, just not a starter. I think we still need to add 2 starters this offseason to our LB corp.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

i highly doubt he would come here if he knew he wouldn't be starting.

if we kept EJ and Newman i'd be happy. we really only need to sign one LB in FA. Newman, EJ, Napo, DT and Leber can battle it out for the other 2 spots.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast