Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

Nap Harris and D. Sharper hurt at minicamp

here is the link to the article,

Injuries Continue to Mount

Viking Update Staff - Scout.com
    May 1, 2005 at 8:51am ET
    The Vikings were forced inside by the unusually cold late April weather, but the injury bug continued to take a bite of the starting lineup at practice Saturday.

Traditionally, minicamp is a time when young players and new free agent signees get their first chance to shine with their new teams, but it appears as though the Vikings will have to wait until training camp to get a full look at the new squad. Thanks to a pair of injuries, nine of the 22 projected starters were sidelined.

Darren Sharper (leg) and Napoleon Harris (hamstring) were added to the list of walking wounded that missed practice time Saturday. While it doesn't raise any red flags or alarms, it would have been nice to see how the new guys would mesh with the current cast, but now it looks like we'll have to wait a little longer.

SUNDAY NOTES
    * Ken Irvin sat out a second straight day of practice in protest of a team request that he voluntarily reduce his salary.
    * Marcus Johnson got time at both left guard and right tackle Saturday, leading some to speculate that he may not be anointed as the starting LG and could battle Mike Rosenthal in training camp for his tackle spot.
    * Raonall Smith displaced Donatarrious Thomas with the first-team defense Saturday at the Will linebacker position.
    * Erasmus James worked out with the first-team defense Saturday and matched up with Bryant McKinnie much of the day.
    * Troy Williamson had his first highlight of minicamp, bursting off the line past Fred Smoot in what turned out to be a 70-yard reception.
    * Injuries haven't been confined to the Vikings. First-round picks Mark Clayton and Pac Man Jones both suffered injuries Saturday in their first minicamps.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Nap Harris and D. Sharper hurt at minicamp

Wonderful!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

well there were some good things to happen also.. Sharper gettin hurt was my only concern with him really.. But hey atleast Erasmus is gettin some good practice with one of the best tackles in the league.. and Williamson is also gettin good practice against one of the best cover corners

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

nothing really serious...
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

[size=18px]As long as Daunte doesn't get hurt, we shouldn't have any problems going at least 10-6 or 11-5[/size]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I know that it's early and they are very minor injuries but little things usually turn into bigger things if you know what I mean!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

PurpleElf Guest

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I know that it's early and they are very minor injuries but little things usually turn into bigger things if you know what I mean!
    Noooooooo! The demise begins! Noooooooooo!

no demise and not really a surprise. If the injuries countinue then legemite questions will arise. but until we lose or not make it to tha SB no tears will be cried.
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

Del Rio Guest

Just the first injury of many for Darren Sharper. I will be surprised if he plays 10 games. If he plays hurt we would be better off with what we had.

On a side note: Troy Williamson had his first highlight of minicamp, bursting off the line past Fred Smoot in what turned out to be a 70-yard reception.

That's a good thing.

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    * Troy Williamson had his first highlight of minicamp, bursting off the line past Fred Smoot in what turned out to be a 70-yard reception.
    [size=7px] [/size]

Now that's what I'm talkin about!!!
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast