Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Again,
    I agree that Kalil is the pick to take. However, we won't get him. We are going to beat the Bears and the Skins. and End up the 8th pick.

Quote Originally Posted by skum View Post
    Even with research, thought and alot of thinking, i want Kalil.

You never know with guys like Blackmon and we have seen to many times this recivers coming out of college as stars and then completely bust.. Claiborne is a good player, but #2 is a bit to high for him in my mind.

Kalil fits a glaring need on this football team, both for the passing and running game and i think its the right selection all around.

If he doesnt work out at left tackle, you can often move them inside and still have a player producing, these kind of switches pretty much never happens at WR or CB and you see the player cut withing a few years.

The CB draft this year is also pretty deep, so is the WR and you can pick up some good players in the 2nd and 3rd, while outside of the first round.. the tackles starts to decline. So you could go with Claiborne or Blackmon in the first and then try and see if a guy like Mike Adams from Ohio State is there in the start of the second, but i doubt it very much.

Loadholt is getting torched all the time and he was a second round pick, so id rather not compromise with the talent in that spot.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Again,
    I agree that Kalil is the pick to take. However, we won't get him. We are going to beat the Bears and the Skins. and End up the 8th pick.
    Then im going with Riley Reiff from Iowa ..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I think you have to stay true to your talent evaluations. If they are just the best LT in this draft, then maybe that person isn't worthy of a #3 pick, but if he grades out at the highest level irregardless of comparable draft prospects than a #3 pick may be warranted. Same with Claiborne, Blackmon,....

I believe that at every position in the NFL has only a few truly elite players and all of those positions can give a significant advantage if they truly are that much better than everyone else. With a #3 pick, that's what you should be able to get. The position is not as important to me as getting that truly elite player. Everyone around them is instantly upgraded.
    Perfectly stated TW.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I did some looking back at draft history and it dawned on me that the Packers turned their franchise around when they were in much the same situation as we are when they drafted Tony Mandarich with the 2nd pick in the draft.

Not sure how I forgot about that but to look back and see his impressive career and how it launched them into being the team they are today I am totally on board with taking a LT that high in the draft.

mandy.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Again,
    I agree we will beat the Shins and Bores. I was convinced we were going to beat the Lions also. Hopefully we don't drop to eighth.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I agree we will beat the Shins and Bores. I was convinced we were going to beat the Lions also. Hopefully we don't drop to eighth.
    I am not sure we beat either team. As long as our secondary blows and with Ponder throwing picks no win is guaranteed. I sadly could see Rex Grossman pick us apart.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakout View Post
    I am not sure we beat either team. As long as our secondary blows and with Ponder throwing picks no win is guaranteed. I sadly could see Rex Grossman pick us apart.
    Blastphemy.

No seriously, Ponder's issue is not an issue.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123