Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Mystery offense will feature play-makers

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1092504
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1092453
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1092428
    While coach Leslie Frazier would like to keep opponents guessing about what changes they will see when the NFL lockout ends, there is one legitimate reason why he is unable to get into more detail. Frazier and Musgrave don't know who their quarterback will be and a good part of how their offense will operate will be based on who's running it.

That point alone should make Vikings fans extremely happy.

As Frazier spoke this week at the NFL owners meetings, it was clear Musgrave's approach will be far less rigid than Childress'. Under Childress, the new quarterback would have been expected to learn a system already in place. Frazier and Musgrave appear willing to adjust their ideas to fit the strengths of whoever is under center.
    Mystery offense will feature play-makers

Ohhh Lord. You guys know what this means...... They are going to draft a kid and then build the team around him. Most of you will like that, however, I don't.

That means rebuilding and starting over.

Damn I hate rebuilding.

Marrdro can be heard chanting........KOLB KOLB KOLB KOLB KOLB KOLB KOLB KOLB........

In the end, I find it absolutely ludicrous that they would completely revamp the offense to fit one guy instead of draft a guy who fits the talent already on the team.

No wonder Rice wants to leave.
    Personally I have a strong belief that to use the existing talent on the team we need to revamp the offense because the old one didn't work with them. And apparently the coaches feel the same way.
    Hmmmmmm, 08/09 back to back Div Championships. 08 first home playoff game in forever. 09 another playoff appearance. 09. NFC Championship game.

Seems like something was working. Could have probably made a playoff bid last year if we wouldn't have had so many injuries along with the missing bodies at camp.
    08- Gus Frerotte saved the season and TJ shit it out in the toilet against the eagles.
    09- Favre played brilliantly and led us to the NFCCG

We don't have a QB on this team and thank god TJ is gone. There may be aspects working, but as a whole, it wasn't good enough. Obviously. Just look at the results.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1092509
    Second, TJ isn't my boy. I just think he is ready to play at this level now. Such a shame that we will find out with him on another team.
    The only person that will be figuring something out is you when you see him either
    A) Not be on a team
    B) Ride the bench on another team
    C) Fail miserably after being put in a starting position do to brain injury to the HC and injury to the other 3 QBs and the 1 WR ahead of him on the depth chart for QB

If he's so ready then why did he suck so bad this year? When in god's holy name will you give it a rest? Even tad admitted that tjoke sucks. And if "shame" is the same as "thank all that is holy in this world" then yah, I agree with you.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1092504
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1092453
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1092428
    While coach Leslie Frazier would like to keep opponents guessing about what changes they will see when the NFL lockout ends, there is one legitimate reason why he is unable to get into more detail. Frazier and Musgrave don't know who their quarterback will be and a good part of how their offense will operate will be based on who's running it.

That point alone should make Vikings fans extremely happy.

As Frazier spoke this week at the NFL owners meetings, it was clear Musgrave's approach will be far less rigid than Childress'. Under Childress, the new quarterback would have been expected to learn a system already in place. Frazier and Musgrave appear willing to adjust their ideas to fit the strengths of whoever is under center.
    Mystery offense will feature play-makers

Ohhh Lord. You guys know what this means...... They are going to draft a kid and then build the team around him. Most of you will like that, however, I don't.

That means rebuilding and starting over.

Damn I hate rebuilding.

Marrdro can be heard chanting........KOLB KOLB KOLB KOLB KOLB KOLB KOLB KOLB........

In the end, I find it absolutely ludicrous that they would completely revamp the offense to fit one guy instead of draft a guy who fits the talent already on the team.

No wonder Rice wants to leave.
    Personally I have a strong belief that to use the existing talent on the team we need to revamp the offense because the old one didn't work with them. And apparently the coaches feel the same way.
    Hmmmmmm, 08/09 back to back Div Championships. 08 first home playoff game in forever. 09 another playoff appearance. 09. NFC Championship game.

Seems like something was working. Could have probably made a playoff bid last year if we wouldn't have had so many injuries along with the missing bodies at camp.
    Not too different than in 2005 when you claimed the reason for our 9-7 record was due to a weak schedule. In 2008 and 2009 the NFC Norris was about as weak as it has ever been between the Lions Packers and Bears ( Oh My).

What worked as far as talent and scheme in those years just won't cut it any more my friend.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234