Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Mystery offense will feature play-makers

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1092453
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1092428
    While coach Leslie Frazier would like to keep opponents guessing about what changes they will see when the NFL lockout ends, there is one legitimate reason why he is unable to get into more detail. Frazier and Musgrave don't know who their quarterback will be and a good part of how their offense will operate will be based on who's running it.

That point alone should make Vikings fans extremely happy.

As Frazier spoke this week at the NFL owners meetings, it was clear Musgrave's approach will be far less rigid than Childress'. Under Childress, the new quarterback would have been expected to learn a system already in place. Frazier and Musgrave appear willing to adjust their ideas to fit the strengths of whoever is under center.
    Mystery offense will feature play-makers

Ohhh Lord. You guys know what this means...... They are going to draft a kid and then build the team around him. Most of you will like that, however, I don't.

That means rebuilding and starting over.

Damn I hate rebuilding.

Marrdro can be heard chanting........KOLB KOLB KOLB KOLB KOLB KOLB KOLB KOLB........

In the end, I find it absolutely ludicrous that they would completely revamp the offense to fit one guy instead of draft a guy who fits the talent already on the team.

No wonder Rice wants to leave.
    Personally I have a strong belief that to use the existing talent on the team we need to revamp the offense because the old one didn't work with them. And apparently the coaches feel the same way.
    Hmmmmmm, 08/09 back to back Div Championships. 08 first home playoff game in forever. 09 another playoff appearance. 09. NFC Championship game.

Seems like something was working. Could have probably made a playoff bid last year if we wouldn't have had so many injuries along with the missing bodies at camp.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1092455
    When healthy in 09 the offense worked great.
    08 wasn't that bad either and that was with crapy QB play.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1092463
    That was 2 years ago and we will not have the same players on the roster.
    How many players will be gone?

Quote Originally Posted by "MNgriff" #1092469
    Something to be remembered in all of this is that Musgrave is going to have an uphill battle implementing anything this year, because he can't communicate with players until a deal is reached. My feeling is that whatever QB we have will get the new playbook at the same time as the rest of the team, because I doubt we see any OTA's or mini-camps to give the rest of the team a head start. In that light I can see why he's going to work around what will be the most inexperienced member of this team. Year one will be painful, but I still believe.
    But thats my point my friend. If you stick with the same version of the WCO, you don't have alot to put in.

Only ones that have to learn the verbiage, again if you stick with what you have, is the QB coach, the O-coord, and the QB.

If you put in a whole new scheme WR's, TE's, RB's, FB's, C's, G's, T's, and QB's have to learn it. Only one that doesn't have to learn it is the Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by "Freakout" #1092470
    As it should be. We had enough forcing players into certain schemes under Childress.

I must say Marrdo. I figured you would be for this. Your boy Jackson might have looked decent in a more simplified offense.

It would have been equal to us trying to put a young Cpep into a west coast style offense. It would have been ugly.
    First, my friend, you don't force players into a scheme. You bring players in that fit the scheme.

Second, TJ isn't my boy. I just think he is ready to play at this level now. Such a shame that we will find out with him on another team.

We did put Pep into a WCO scheme. What we did was teach him the scheme everyone else was comfortable with, over a years time, instead of making Cris, Randy, Robert, Jake etc etc etc etc learn a new scheme for Pep.

Quote Originally Posted by "delviking" #1092500
    it seems fraziers says the right things, he doesnt divulge any information but doesnt go up tight about any question hes asked. this first draft will be very intresting to see what direction this team will be going either offense heavy or defense heavy, im thinking defense heavy with a QB, O-line man in there. but who knows i could be wrong could be O heavy with A Dline sprinkled in.
    Good stuff Del. My guess is we will see alot of what Spielman wants in this draft.

Hopefully he is thinking fix the D (keep games tight), add a QB that won't make mistakes, and let AD win us games.

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1092510
    Quote Originally Posted by "delviking" #1092500
    it seems fraziers says the right things, he doesnt divulge any information but doesnt go up tight about any question hes asked. this first draft will be very intresting to see what direction this team will be going either offense heavy or defense heavy, im thinking defense heavy with a QB, O-line man in there. but who knows i could be wrong could be O heavy with A Dline sprinkled in.
    Good stuff Del. My guess is we will see alot of what Spielman wants in this draft.

Hopefully he is thinking fix the D (keep games tight), add a QB that won't make mistakes, and let AD win us games.
    That right there Marr is exactly what I am saying!!

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1092428
    While coach Leslie Frazier would like to keep opponents guessing about what changes they will see when the NFL lockout ends, there is one legitimate reason why he is unable to get into more detail. Frazier and Musgrave don't know who their quarterback will be and a good part of how their offense will operate will be based on who's running it.

That point alone should make Vikings fans extremely happy.

As Frazier spoke this week at the NFL owners meetings, it was clear Musgrave's approach will be far less rigid than Childress'. Under Childress, the new quarterback would have been expected to learn a system already in place. Frazier and Musgrave appear willing to adjust their ideas to fit the strengths of whoever is under center.
    Mystery offense will feature play-makers

Ohhh Lord. You guys know what this means...... They are going to draft a kid and then build the team around him. Most of you will like that, however, I don't.

That means rebuilding and starting over.

Damn I hate rebuilding.

Marrdro can be heard chanting........KOLB KOLB KOLB KOLB KOLB KOLB KOLB KOLB........

In the end, I find it absolutely ludicrous that they would completely revamp the offense to fit one guy instead of draft a guy who fits the talent already on the team.

No wonder Rice wants to leave.
    How do you derive that conclusion?
    Frazier has already said he wanted to feature Harvin more. He's a playmaker for sure.

He has also said he wanted to run more. That sounds like featuring Peterson, another playmaker.

Speculation on my part but I'm guessing he will want to feature Schiancoe more, since that interception chucking QB we had last year forgot he was on the field, for the most part.

I think it's Frazier admitting he is going to be saddled with an inexperienced QB who won't be expected to be a great playmaker, just solid.

And yes we are rebuilding, but not to the extent that this program can't turn around on a dime.

Need to counter the three passing QB's and teams in our division. Concentrate on defense.
    Improve the defensive backfield and upgrading the nickel/dime packages would be a great help. Especially against Green Bay with all their great receivers.
    Wouldn't hurt to get a better pass rush from the left end or even better, up the middle with Pats replacement.

Do that, and keep the offensive line healthy, and we will be competetive.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Am I the only one that feels that this is a good thing?
    Marr, I don't believe it's as bad as you think, smoke screen or not.
    If you have a choice between Mallett and Newtown, and your preferred scheme is a Bootleg heavy scheme, you chose Cam. Well what happens if you don't get Cam but you get Mallet? Do you still force that scheme? Do you skip Mallett, whom you believe to be head and shoulders better than the other QB prospects?
    No you Draft Mallett and simply reduce the number of bootlegs, while adding a few more vertical passing plays.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1092541
    Am I the only one that feels that this is a good thing?
    Marr, I don't believe it's as bad as you think, smoke screen or not.
    If you have a choice between Mallett and Newtown, and your preferred scheme is a Bootleg heavy scheme, you chose Cam. Well what happens if you don't get Cam but you get Mallet? Do you still force that scheme? Do you skip Mallett, whom you believe to be head and shoulders better than the other QB prospects?
    No you Draft Mallett and simply reduce the number of bootlegs, while adding a few more vertical passing plays.
    I'm right with you kc. I don't know why marr thinks it's so bad to find a QB that our HC thinks can be successful in this league and draft him and design an offense that suits him. This whole pick some scheme and then draft a player that "fits the scheme" is how we got in the whole TJ situation with our ass of an ex coach. What happens if there aren't any good prospects that fit our scheme?

To hell with a scheme. Develop our offense/defense around the talent we have on the roster and the talent available to us in the draft and free agency.

I just thank god our coaches don't think like marrdro because we would have TJ throwing at our WRs feet all day and we would draft 4 DTs this year. Good god
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast