Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Mystery offense will feature play-makers

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1092428
    While coach Leslie Frazier would like to keep opponents guessing about what changes they will see when the NFL lockout ends, there is one legitimate reason why he is unable to get into more detail. Frazier and Musgrave don't know who their quarterback will be and a good part of how their offense will operate will be based on who's running it.

That point alone should make Vikings fans extremely happy.

As Frazier spoke this week at the NFL owners meetings, it was clear Musgrave's approach will be far less rigid than Childress'. Under Childress, the new quarterback would have been expected to learn a system already in place. Frazier and Musgrave appear willing to adjust their ideas to fit the strengths of whoever is under center.
    Mystery offense will feature play-makers

Ohhh Lord. You guys know what this means...... They are going to draft a kid and then build the team around him. Most of you will like that, however, I don't.

That means rebuilding and starting over.

Damn I hate rebuilding.

Marrdro can be heard chanting........KOLB KOLB KOLB KOLB KOLB KOLB KOLB KOLB........

In the end, I find it absolutely ludicrous that they would completely revamp the offense to fit one guy instead of draft a guy who fits the talent already on the team.

No wonder Rice wants to leave.
    Personally I have a strong belief that to use the existing talent on the team we need to revamp the offense because the old one didn't work with them. And apparently the coaches feel the same way.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1092453
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1092428
    While coach Leslie Frazier would like to keep opponents guessing about what changes they will see when the NFL lockout ends, there is one legitimate reason why he is unable to get into more detail. Frazier and Musgrave don't know who their quarterback will be and a good part of how their offense will operate will be based on who's running it.

That point alone should make Vikings fans extremely happy.

As Frazier spoke this week at the NFL owners meetings, it was clear Musgrave's approach will be far less rigid than Childress'. Under Childress, the new quarterback would have been expected to learn a system already in place. Frazier and Musgrave appear willing to adjust their ideas to fit the strengths of whoever is under center.
    Mystery offense will feature play-makers

Ohhh Lord. You guys know what this means...... They are going to draft a kid and then build the team around him. Most of you will like that, however, I don't.

That means rebuilding and starting over.

Damn I hate rebuilding.

Marrdro can be heard chanting........KOLB KOLB KOLB KOLB KOLB KOLB KOLB KOLB........

In the end, I find it absolutely ludicrous that they would completely revamp the offense to fit one guy instead of draft a guy who fits the talent already on the team.

No wonder Rice wants to leave.
    Personally I have a strong belief that to use the existing talent on the team we need to revamp the offense because the old one didn't work with them. And apparently the coaches feel the same way.
    When healthy in 09 the offense worked great.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

That was 2 years ago and we will not have the same players on the roster.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

At least if we don't know what to expect neither will opposing defenses. That will be a nice change of pace.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1092467
    At least if we don't know what to expect neither will opposing defenses. That will be a nice change of pace.
    As long as he doesn't start using a Childressism like "fluid"

Right now our offense and QB position is in a fluid state

When Childress was saying stuff like that I started to think of him pissing into the wind and being all wet or in a fluid state inch:

MNgriff is offline Rookie

Something to be remembered in all of this is that Musgrave is going to have an uphill battle implementing anything this year, because he can't communicate with players until a deal is reached. My feeling is that whatever QB we have will get the new playbook at the same time as the rest of the team, because I doubt we see any OTA's or mini-camps to give the rest of the team a head start. In that light I can see why he's going to work around what will be the most inexperienced member of this team. Year one will be painful, but I still believe.
    Skol

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

As it should be. We had enough forcing players into certain schemes under Childress.

I must say Marrdo. I figured you would be for this. Your boy Jackson might have looked decent in a more simplified offense.

It would have been equal to us trying to put a young Cpep into a west coast style offense. It would have been ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1092468
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1092467
    As long as he doesn't start using a Childressism like "fluid"

Right now our offense and QB position is in a fluid state

When Childress was saying stuff like that I started to think of him pissing into the wind and being all wet or in a fluid state inch:
    2 great posts right there.........

delviking is offline Starter

it seems fraziers says the right things, he doesnt divulge any information but doesnt go up tight about any question hes asked. this first draft will be very intresting to see what direction this team will be going either offense heavy or defense heavy, im thinking defense heavy with a QB, O-line man in there. but who knows i could be wrong could be O heavy with A Dline sprinkled in.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1092451
    I think your reading too much into things Marrdro.

The offense at some level has to adapt to the QB. Even last year they called different plays depending whether Favre, Tjack or Webb was playing.

It would be silly to completely design an offense when one of several players could be your QB. Doesn't mean they are not targeting a certain type of Qb but even if you have two west coast QB's they are both going to have different strengths and weaknesses. Kolb and McNabb have different strengths. Gabbert or Newton have different strengths and weaknesses. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have different strengths.

Like wise the offense will be different if you bring in a vet or a rookie. Not going to open up the entire playbook with a rookie.
    I hear ya my friend. As I said earlier, after I thought about it a bit I have cooled off.

Again, thanks for the voice of sanity to calm me down even further.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast