Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39
  1. #21
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: My Vikings opinion

    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=BobbyOShea link=topic=38195.msg643279#msg643279 date=1190649273]
    I didn't mean to take a dig at you guys for Peterson falling to you in the draft, I just meant that that wasn't attributed to the competence of your front office.
    The "Creepy Uncle" thing is pretty funny though that dude definitely looks like he should be on "To Catch a Predator."

    But I digress... for most coaches in the NFL in this era, having a rapport with your players is extremely important.
    Do I think Mike McCarthy is a genius?
    Hell no.. he called a spread shotgun formation on 4th down on the 1 yard line yesterday!
    But, what will make him a good coach is his rapport with the players and the mutual respect that is there.
    Childress strikes me as the guy who gets laughed at by his players for wearing a fanny-pack.
    I'm not saying he wears a fanny pack, its just an example.
    But what do I know????
    Thats hilarious.

    Yeah, I definitely think he just have an uncomfortable look to him. We could have had Mike Tomlin as our coach...

    :-\ ??? : >

    A lot of emotions there.
    No we couldn't have.

    Quite reaching.
    I think you mean Quit reaching.

    I don't see how that is so far "reaching". He was our Defensive Coordinator and the players really looked up to him.

    Sorry, give me Tomlin any day over Brad "I wear my fanny pack when I travel to Disney World by myself to stare at kids" Childress.
    Yup, I did mean Quit.

    And my point is that nobody expected Tomlin to be hired out so quickly, especially considering his pass defense.
    And to fire a HC after one year and hire his DC, also of one year, would never happen.
    Nor should it.
    I agree, we shouldn't fire a HC after one year and hire the DC. My point is that Childress never should have been brought in. We could have just made Tomlin the HC off the bat.
    [/quote]

    Did Tomlin even INTERVIEW for the position?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  2. #22
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: My Vikings opinion

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    What I don't get is some people are claiming AP is the purple jesus and at the same time saying the o-line sucks jiggly butt.
    My guess is that AP wasn't the first person in a long time to rush for >100 yds at Arrowhead by divine intervention alone.
    WHAT???
    AP ISN'T the Purple Jesus???
    Dang!!!
    Don't worry cajun, he is the purple jesus....but, the o-line does help him out a bit too.
    You can look at them as the apostles.

    People are ripping on the 0-line, yes, they have some more work to do.
    A huge part of the problem is the QB.
    Watch Favre throw the bullets when the pocket collapses.
    When you have hacks holding onto the ball that don't have starting material at the QB position or they are too green you would have similar results under a refined o-line.

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    1,148

    Re: My Vikings opinion

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    What I don't get is some people are claiming AP is the purple jesus and at the same time saying the o-line sucks jiggly butt.
    My guess is that AP wasn't the first person in a long time to rush for >100 yds at Arrowhead by divine intervention alone.
    WHAT???
    AP ISN'T the Purple Jesus???
    Dang!!!
    Don't worry cajun, he is the purple jesus....but, the o-line does help him out a bit too.
    You can look at them as the apostles.

    People are ripping on the 0-line, yes, they have some more work to do.
    A huge part of the problem is the QB.
    Watch Favre throw the bullets when the pocket collapses.
    When you have hacks holding onto the ball that don't have starting material at the QB position or they are too green you would have similar results under a refined o-line.

    I think just a few more adjustments and we will be right in there! Holcomb didn't look half bad. And remember, just like harrington, Favre blows in the dome. Everyone will have the pack blowing us out . I say no way. Listen to favre in some upcoming interviews when asked about how he thinks he will do in the dome. Besides, I am coming to the game, so the 'Vikes have to win ;D
    Tuco the world.....

  4. #24
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: My Vikings opinion

    "BobbyOShea" wrote:

    Also, Prophet, I like your O-Line a lot.
    Its tough to block, though, when the defense stacks the box every time.
    The fact AP was still able to have 100+ rushing yards is a feat in itself under those circumstances.
    This is the basic crux of the Vikings problems right now. The qb needs to make a few passes to get the overload off the O-line. And the offensive coordinator needs to let him throw some passes to accomplish this. Play action and screens would be good choices but they need to go down field as well.
    A few completions down the field would help the O-line and give Peterson a chance for a monster game.
    I don't know if the Vikings have qb that can deliver.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  5. #25
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: My Vikings opinion

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    What I don't get is some people are claiming AP is the purple jesus and at the same time saying the o-line sucks jiggly butt.
    My guess is that AP wasn't the first person in a long time to rush for >100 yds at Arrowhead by divine intervention alone.
    WHAT???
    AP ISN'T the Purple Jesus???
    Dang!!!
    Don't worry cajun, he is the purple jesus....but, the o-line does help him out a bit too.
    You can look at them as the apostles.

    People are ripping on the 0-line, yes, they have some more work to do.
    A huge part of the problem is the QB.
    Watch Favre throw the bullets when the pocket collapses.
    When you have hacks holding onto the ball that don't have starting material at the QB position or they are too green you would have similar results under a refined o-line.

    Wonder what his yards would have looked like if he didn't have to weave through all the trash in the backfield Proph?

    Nodack.
    Do me a favor.
    When you break the game down take a look at how many times AD was hit in the backfield during his runs.
    I know for a fact you will see at least 5 times when he shed 2 tacklers before he even got back to the line of scrimmage.

    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #26
    Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    501

    Re: My Vikings opinion

    Rex > any of our current QB's.
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

  7. #27
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: My Vikings opinion

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    ....Wonder what his yards would have looked like if he didn't have to weave through all the trash in the backfield Proph?
    ...
    I wonder what the o-line would look like if there was a qb that could play NFL-caliber football on the team?
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  8. #28
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,492

    Re: My Vikings opinion

    "Purplemania" wrote:
    Rex > any of our current QB's.
    I disagree with this, but it's purely opinion.

    I think Jackson will get better with experience, but I think Grossman has maxed out his potential. His former coaches called him a "mental midget"...

    I'll take Jackson.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  9. #29
    Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    501

    Re: My Vikings opinion

    "C" wrote:
    "Purplemania" wrote:
    Rex > any of our current QB's.
    I disagree with this, but it's purely opinion.

    I think Jackson will get better with experience, but I think Grossman has maxed out his potential. His former coaches called him a "mental midget"...

    I'll take Jackson.
    At least for Grossman there's 'Good Rex' and 'Bad Rex". For Tarvaris there's only the bad (so far anyways).

    Tarvaris may have all the potential in the world but I'm starting to doubt he'll ever get it together.
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

  10. #30
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,738

    Re: My Vikings opinion

    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "BobbyOShea" wrote:
    I didn't mean to take a dig at you guys for Peterson falling to you in the draft, I just meant that that wasn't attributed to the competence of your front office.
    The "Creepy Uncle" thing is pretty funny though that dude definitely looks like he should be on "To Catch a Predator."

    But I digress... for most coaches in the NFL in this era, having a rapport with your players is extremely important.
    Do I think Mike McCarthy is a genius?
    Hell no.. he called a spread shotgun formation on 4th down on the 1 yard line yesterday!
    But, what will make him a good coach is his rapport with the players and the mutual respect that is there.
    Childress strikes me as the guy who gets laughed at by his players for wearing a fanny-pack.
    I'm not saying he wears a fanny pack, its just an example.
    But what do I know????
    Thats hilarious.

    Yeah, I definitely think he just have an uncomfortable look to him. We could have had Mike Tomlin as our coach...

    :-\ ??? : >

    A lot of emotions there.
    No we couldn't have.

    Quite reaching.
    I think you mean Quit reaching.

    I don't see how that is so far "reaching". He was our Defensive Coordinator and the players really looked up to him.

    Sorry, give me Tomlin any day over Brad "I wear my fanny pack when I travel to Disney World by myself to stare at kids" Childress.
    ;D All this "Childress the Malester" shit is actually cheering me up.
    ;D

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Personal Opinion- Vikings Cannot Let Rice Get Away
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 07-12-2011, 12:24 PM
  2. I need your OPINION
    By VikesFan787 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 02:16 AM
  3. Need Opinion
    By hovan in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-25-2005, 02:41 AM
  4. IN MY OPINION....ITS NOT MUCH
    By Packerguy in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-20-2004, 10:20 AM
  5. My opinion
    By Haneef87 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-19-2004, 07:50 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •