Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: My Vikings opinion

"BobbyOShea" wrote:
    First off, I hope this is in the right place, as this is my first posting in this section of PPO.

As some of you know when I introduced myself the other day, I'm die-hard Packer-fan, but I wanted to give my input on the state of your team through a Packer fan's eyes.

I would be absolutely livid as a Vikings fan, that the front office/coaching staff hasn't developed any consistency whatsoever on offense.
    You have a win-now defense with a plethora of pro-bowl Caliber players, but an offense that can't even score two touchdowns a game with any consistency.
    I know T-Jack has some upside... but geez you have a very good O-Line, and a rushing attack that can do a lot of damage.
    Besides Peterson, who in essence fell into your laps at your spot in the draft, I don't see any playmakers.
    When Chester Taylor returns, that could improve things, but going into this season with T-Jack as your only legitimate option at QB was a mistake.
    I know hindsight is 20/20, but with the overall talent on this team you had to bring in a proven veteren at QB who could at the very least help tutor your young QB right?

Anyway, I'm sure all of this has been said before, but I can definitely feel your frustration.
    Regardless of all that, you guys always play us tough and this weekend will be a good game.

Look on the brightside though, at least you're not stuck with Rex Grossman!
    The thing is....

We are very young at alot of our "Playmaker" positions.
    Mistakes are gonna happen.

We don't have a good OL.
    We have some names people recognize, but right now they aren't good.

With that said, I don't think any QB (even Favreeeee) could be effective behind that line.

Sure we don't have any playmakers.
    Give them time, I think the likes of Rice, Allison, Wade and Shank will be household names once our OL can pass block longer than 2 seconds, allowing for our young playmakers to get open.

We have, IMHO a pretty good organization/front office.
    Sure they haven't gone out and gotten us a bunch of FA's that Joe Shit the Rag man would know, however, they have had two solid drafts of some young guys that will (if coached properly) eventually benifit from all the on the job training they are getting.

Always remember and never forget, just because you don't know thier names don't mean they can't play ball.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"BobbyOShea" wrote:
    I didn't mean to take a dig at you guys for Peterson falling to you in the draft, I just meant that that wasn't attributed to the competence of your front office.
    The "Creepy Uncle" thing is pretty funny though that dude definitely looks like he should be on "To Catch a Predator."

But I digress... for most coaches in the NFL in this era, having a rapport with your players is extremely important.
    Do I think Mike McCarthy is a genius?
    Hell no.. he called a spread shotgun formation on 4th down on the 1 yard line yesterday!
    But, what will make him a good coach is his rapport with the players and the mutual respect that is there.
    Childress strikes me as the guy who gets laughed at by his players for wearing a fanny-pack.
    I'm not saying he wears a fanny pack, its just an example.
    But what do I know????
    Thats hilarious.

Yeah, I definitely think he just have an uncomfortable look to him. We could have had Mike Tomlin as our coach...
    :-\ ??? : >

A lot of emotions there.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"BobbyOShea" wrote:
    First off, I hope this is in the right place, as this is my first posting in this section of PPO.

As some of you know when I introduced myself the other day, I'm die-hard Packer-fan, but I wanted to give my input on the state of your team through a Packer fan's eyes.

I would be absolutely livid as a Vikings fan, that the front office/coaching staff hasn't developed any consistency whatsoever on offense.
    You have a win-now defense with a plethora of pro-bowl Caliber players, but an offense that can't even score two touchdowns a game with any consistency.
    I know T-Jack has some upside... but geez you have a very good O-Line, and a rushing attack that can do a lot of damage.
    Besides Peterson, who in essence fell into your laps at your spot in the draft, I don't see any playmakers.
    When Chester Taylor returns, that could improve things, but going into this season with T-Jack as your only legitimate option at QB was a mistake.
    I know hindsight is 20/20, but with the overall talent on this team you had to bring in a proven veteren at QB who could at the very least help tutor your young QB right?

Anyway, I'm sure all of this has been said before, but I can definitely feel your frustration.
    Regardless of all that, you guys always play us tough and this weekend will be a good game.

Look on the brightside though, at least you're not stuck with Rex Grossman!
    Thanks for the backhanded Peterson comment!
    LOL

Not OUR fault that the teams above us (with the exception of Detroit maybe) couldn't see past the little non-career threatening college injury history that AP has...I, for one, had him as a can't miss pick...and am glad that he "dropped" to us.

Holcomb will have a better game this coming Sunday, so your Packers had better watch out!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"BobbyOShea" wrote:
    I didn't mean to take a dig at you guys for Peterson falling to you in the draft, I just meant that that wasn't attributed to the competence of your front office.
    The "Creepy Uncle" thing is pretty funny though that dude definitely looks like he should be on "To Catch a Predator."

But I digress... for most coaches in the NFL in this era, having a rapport with your players is extremely important.
    Hell no.. he called a spread shotgun formation on 4th down on the 1 yard line yesterday!
    But, what will make him a good coach is his rapport with the players and the mutual respect that is there.
    Childress strikes me as the guy who gets laughed at by his players for wearing a fanny-pack.
    But what do I know????

Also, Prophet, I like your O-Line a lot.
    Its tough to block, though, when the defense stacks the box every time.
    The fact AP was still able to have 100+ rushing yards is a feat in itself under those circumstances.
    Not necessarily true...the Vikes could have easily passed on Peterson as well and taken Brady Quinn...so our front office DID have something to say about that.
    As well, our last couple of drafts have been pretty good, so the front office is not as incompetent as you believe.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "BobbyOShea" wrote:

But what do I know????
    Thats hilarious.

Yeah, I definitely think he just have an uncomfortable look to him. We could have had Mike Tomlin as our coach...

A lot of emotions there.
    No we couldn't have.
    Quite reaching.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BobbyOShea is offline Rookie

cajunvike, read up a bit to my last post, I didn't mean for the AP comment to sound backhanded.
    I'm just saying that with a Win-Now level defense with veterans who are in the prime of their careers, its gotta be tough for them to sit and wait for the offense to develop.
    Do I think they should go out and sign a bunch of Free Agents.. no, but IMO you shouldn't be in a rebuilding mode like we've been the past two years.

But hey, you guys could go on a tear and make the playoffs, you never know.
    "I'm not sayin... I'm just sayin..."

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "BobbyOShea" wrote:

But what do I know????
    Thats hilarious.

A lot of emotions there.
    No we couldn't have.
    Quite reaching.
    I think you mean Quit reaching.

I don't see how that is so far "reaching". He was our Defensive Coordinator and the players really looked up to him.

Sorry, give me Tomlin any day over Brad "I wear my fanny pack when I travel to Disney World by myself to stare at kids" Childress.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "BobbyOShea" wrote:

But what do I know????
    Thats hilarious.

A lot of emotions there.
    No we couldn't have.
    Quite reaching.

I don't see how that is so far "reaching". He was our Defensive Coordinator and the players really looked up to him.

Sorry, give me Tomlin any day over Brad "I wear my fanny pack when I travel to Disney World by myself to stare at kids" Childress.
    Yup, I did mean Quit.

And my point is that nobody expected Tomlin to be hired out so quickly, especially considering his pass defense.
    And to fire a HC after one year and hire his DC, also of one year, would never happen.
    Nor should it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"BobbyOShea" wrote:
    cajunvike, read up a bit to my last post, I didn't mean for the AP comment to sound backhanded.
    I'm just saying that with a Win-Now level defense with veterans who are in the prime of their careers, its gotta be tough for them to sit and wait for the offense to develop.
    Do I think they should go out and sign a bunch of Free Agents.. no, but IMO you shouldn't be in a rebuilding mode like we've been the past two years.

But hey, you guys could go on a tear and make the playoffs, you never know.
    Not dissing you, Bobby...just giving you a little grief.
    I do agree that we could have signed a veteran QB (I REALLY wanted David Carr...now he is just gonna sit on Carolina's bench while Delhomme has a career year)...BUT the Vikings saw it different.
    Of course, if they had listened to me, we would have drafted Derrick Johnson instead of Williamson, Matt Jones instead of Erasmus James...which would have freed us up to draft DeAngelo Williams instead of Chad Greenway the next season....which in turn would have freed us up to draft Brady Quinn instead of Peterson this year (don't get me wrong though, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good...Peterson is MUCH BETTER than DeAngelo, BUT our team would have been better under MY scenario).
    But again, do they listen to me...NOOOOOOOOO!

At any rate, the Vikes will be hungry this Sunday, so Packers beware!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "BobbyOShea" wrote:

But what do I know????
    Thats hilarious.

A lot of emotions there.
    No we couldn't have.
    Quite reaching.

Yup, I did mean Quit.

And my point is that nobody expected Tomlin to be hired out so quickly, especially considering his pass defense.
    And to fire a HC after one year and hire his DC, also of one year, would never happen.
    Nor should it.
    I agree, we shouldn't fire a HC after one year and hire the DC. My point is that Childress never should have been brought in. We could have just made Tomlin the HC off the bat.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast