Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    BobbyOShea is offline Rookie

My Vikings opinion

First off, I hope this is in the right place, as this is my first posting in this section of PPO.

As some of you know when I introduced myself the other day, I'm die-hard Packer-fan, but I wanted to give my input on the state of your team through a Packer fan's eyes.

I would be absolutely livid as a Vikings fan, that the front office/coaching staff hasn't developed any consistency whatsoever on offense.
    You have a win-now defense with a plethora of pro-bowl Caliber players, but an offense that can't even score two touchdowns a game with any consistency.
    I know T-Jack has some upside... but geez you have a very good O-Line, and a rushing attack that can do a lot of damage.
    Besides Peterson, who in essence fell into your laps at your spot in the draft, I don't see any playmakers.
    When Chester Taylor returns, that could improve things, but going into this season with T-Jack as your only legitimate option at QB was a mistake.
    I know hindsight is 20/20, but with the overall talent on this team you had to bring in a proven veteren at QB who could at the very least help tutor your young QB right?

Anyway, I'm sure all of this has been said before, but I can definitely feel your frustration.
    Regardless of all that, you guys always play us tough and this weekend will be a good game.

Look on the brightside though, at least you're not stuck with Rex Grossman!
    "I'm not sayin... I'm just sayin..."

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: My Vikings opinion

Look for him or one of his alter egos.

I hope we get a better coach... and SOON.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Yeah that guy bamboozled you guys into thinking he had a great offensive mind.
    Whats crazy is that even with 8 in the box, Adrian Peterson will probably get 100 yards/game.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"BobbyOShea" wrote:
    First off, I hope this is in the right place, as this is my first posting in this section of PPO.

As some of you know when I introduced myself the other day, I'm die-hard Packer-fan, but I wanted to give my input on the state of your team through a Packer fan's eyes.

I would be absolutely livid as a Vikings fan, that the front office/coaching staff hasn't developed any consistency whatsoever on offense.
    You have a win-now defense with a plethora of pro-bowl Caliber players, but an offense that can't even score two touchdowns a game with any consistency.
    I know T-Jack has some upside... but geez you have a very good O-Line, and a rushing attack that can do a lot of damage.
    Besides Peterson, who in essence fell into your laps at your spot in the draft, I don't see any playmakers.
    When Chester Taylor returns, that could improve things, but going into this season with T-Jack as your only legitimate option at QB was a mistake.
    I know hindsight is 20/20, but with the overall talent on this team you had to bring in a proven veteren at QB who could at the very least help tutor your young QB right?

Anyway, I'm sure all of this has been said before, but I can definitely feel your frustration.
    Regardless of all that, you guys always play us tough and this weekend will be a good game.

Look on the brightside though, at least you're not stuck with Rex Grossman!
    Welcome to PP.O.
    Intelligent posts from fans of other teams are always welcome.
    The frustration levels are high, and I think they will get higher before the year is over.

The only thing I am looking forward to this week is NOT letting Fav-re break the TD record at the dome. ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"BobbyOShea" wrote:
    Whats crazy is that even with 8 in the box, Adrian Peterson will probably get 100 yards/game.
    I could see how people might think I'm jumping the gun by saying Childress sucks... but I honestly don't think he is a leader. I don't think he is a good coach or even an "above average" assistant coach.

I also don't think he has a rapport with the players either. Ever since the day we hired him, I wanted a new coach. Even the Browns took Romeo Crennell over this hack.

I'm tired of the "Creepy Uncle" coach.

Adrian Peterson is awesome though... I don't care if he did "fall into our laps"... I'll gladly
    take him.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "BobbyOShea" wrote:
    I could see how people might think I'm jumping the gun by saying Childress sucks... but I honestly don't think he is a leader. I don't think he is a good coach or even an "above average" assistant coach.

I also don't think he has a rapport with the players either. Ever since the day we hired him, I wanted a new coach. Even the Browns took Romeo Crennell over this hack.

Adrian Peterson is awesome though... I don't care if he did "fall into our laps"... I'll gladly
    take him.
    Nobody took anybody over Childress.
    We had him in Minnesota first, and no other team had a chance to hire him.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

What I don't get is some people are claiming AP is the purple jesus and at the same time saying the o-line sucks ass.
    My guess is that AP wasn't the first person in a long time to rush for >100 yds at Arrowhead by divine intervention alone.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

I didn't mean to take a dig at you guys for Peterson falling to you in the draft, I just meant that that wasn't attributed to the competence of your front office.
    The "Creepy Uncle" thing is pretty funny though that dude definitely looks like he should be on "To Catch a Predator."

But I digress... for most coaches in the NFL in this era, having a rapport with your players is extremely important.
    Do I think Mike McCarthy is a genius?
    Hell no.. he called a spread shotgun formation on 4th down on the 1 yard line yesterday!
    But, what will make him a good coach is his rapport with the players and the mutual respect that is there.
    Childress strikes me as the guy who gets laughed at by his players for wearing a fanny-pack.
    I'm not saying he wears a fanny pack, its just an example.
    But what do I know????

Also, Prophet, I like your O-Line a lot.
    Its tough to block, though, when the defense stacks the box every time.
    The fact AP was still able to have 100+ rushing yards is a feat in itself under those circumstances.

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "BobbyOShea" wrote:

take him.
    Nobody took anybody over Childress.
    We had him in Minnesota first, and no other team had a chance to hire him.
    Thats actually not true. I lived in Cleveland at the time. They were interviewing both and went with Crennel.

Romeo started a whole year before Childress.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    What I don't get is some people are claiming AP is the purple jesus and at the same time saying the o-line sucks jiggly butt.
    My guess is that AP wasn't the first person in a long time to rush for >100 yds at Arrowhead by divine intervention alone.
    WHAT???
    AP ISN'T the Purple Jesus???
    Dang!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast