Thread: My Thoughts

My Thoughts

Aside from the dropped balls, bad calls and lucky bounces for the Iggles, there are some things I think we screwed up on that cost us the game. For one, I dont understand why we continue to start Bennett every single game. Put Onterrio in there damnit...we are now what 13-3 with him in there starting and 5-13 with Bennett? Thats one. Two, we should have done what the Eagles did from the start: air the ball out to open up the run. McNabb took some deep shots early, we failed to do the same. Culpepper was flustered all day long - their pass rush was too much..getting Moe and Jimmy back next year will be nice. Culpepper also needs to learn how to hit his number 2 and 3 guys quicker without so much hesitation...he keys on one guy and looks lost when that one guy is not open. He threw a pick when Wiggins was wide open for a possible TD. Speaking of Wiggins..why didnt we use him more??

On the Defensive side of the ball...it took us too long to fix our mistakes, as usual. I knew we needed to blitz McNabb from the very beginning of the game, so why didnt Cotrell? We definitely need some help on defense, and I think if we get a few more key players and scrap Brian Russell we will have a pretty good D.

Well, with my ranting behind me, I just wanted to say that I am upset obviously, but I really think we have something to look forward to next year. Hopefully Red sells the team and we have a monster offseason. I would love to grab John Abraham and Julian Peterson in the offseason and draft Marlin Jackson or Antrell Rolle in the draft. We could also use some safety help. We also could use the time to get some of our key guys back to the lineup and Moss needs the offseason to get healthy again. Its been a great season here with you guys and gals..and Ill be hanging around to talk about Free Agency and the Draft of course. Keep your head up and cheer against the Eagles!!

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

My Thoughts

You do realize both abraham and peterson were hurt this year. I realize that peterson is a good player, but did he even play in a game in the regular season? Abraham kind of left his teammates in their playoff game against the steelers so he could keep himself injury free. I don't know, they would both be a good guy to go after, I guess I worry about injuries!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

My Thoughts

yeah you have a point there. I thought Abraham was being a punk at first too, but they said before the game that his doctors said he wasnt good to go, and that was the reason he wasnt going out there. Well if not for Peterson, maybe we can pick up Peter Boulware, I think he was hurt too...what stud LBs are free agents after this year anyways?

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

My Thoughts

I like the idea of getting both guys you mentioned, I'm just skeptical of guys coming off injuries, that's all. I don't know about any stud linebackers that are FAs after this year. I think our young guys just need to get better!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!