Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    skogs02 is offline Starter

My take on Packers!

The packers won the last 2 weeks on completely sh!tty calls. They"beat" the Redskings and they "beat" the Vikings, but heres how i figured it all out .....The packers have one of the biggest fan bases if not the biggest in the league(most of which are bandwagon jumpers)...if the packers keep losing the NFL will lose some ratings compared to if they were winning so i figured the refs are screwing opposing teams over like this so the league will get better ratings...Its more then a coincidence that they keep winning due to horseshit calls at the very end of the game. :bootyshake:

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

My take on Packers!

They win ALOT of games off sh*ty stupid calls. For some reason we seem to get raped in Green Bay just about every time we play them. I dont think the refs were hired but i think they sucked, the fumbele, the non holding calls, the forced out of bounds call, they were all sh*ty or non calls that should have been called. The packers are not that great, like you said skog they won two games on stupid sh*ty calls. The packers are lucky to be where they are. If i was a packer fan i would keep it zipped utill they show some real promise.

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Re: My take on Packers!

"skogs02" wrote:
    The packers won the last 2 weeks on completely sh!tty calls. They"beat" the Redskings and they "beat" the Vikings, but heres how i figured it all out .....The packers have one of the biggest fan bases if not the biggest in the league(most of which are bandwagon jumpers)...if the packers keep losing the NFL will lose some ratings compared to if they were winning so i figured the refs are screwing opposing teams over like this so the league will get better ratings...Its more then a coincidence that they keep winning due to horseshit calls at the very end of the game. :bootyshake:
    Welcome to the "Dark Side" of the National Football League.
    Yes, the NFL is a business. They want to make money. The best way is high ratings. Greenbay has an ongoing story the past several years with Favre playing hurt, not missing any games, personal tragedies, and hinting every so often that he is retiring. the media is amazing on him. On ESPN tonight, during the segment of TD passes and Manning, it was all Manning, nary a word on Culpepper and his 25 TD's and plus 2000 yards passing. Then it turned to Favre and that although he doesn't have the numbers Culpepper has put up this year, they talked about him like he has already passed for 5000 yards and 50 TD's.

And why? Revenue!

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

My take on Packers!

"vikingstw" wrote:
    They win ALOT of games off sh*ty stupid calls. For some reason we seem to get raped in Green Bay just about every time we play them. I dont think the refs were hired but i think they sucked, the fumbele, the non holding calls, the forced out of bounds call, they were all sh*ty or non calls that should have been called. The packers are not that great, like you said skog they won two games on stupid sh*ty calls. The packers are lucky to be where they are. If i was a packer fan i would keep it zipped utill they show some real promise.
    Not just Green Bay, but the money making teams the NFL wants to be in the playoffs. The past several years, the NFL is loving that the bengals and browns and smaller market teams aren't reaching the playoffs. The Vikes are in that same market as well. Until the fan base swells than we will not only be playing the opposing team, but the refs and the NFL management.

cheesefree is offline Starter

My take on Packers!

I don't buy that conspiracy stuff, the Packers absolutely sucked for 20 years and the NFL did just fine with them being the in the NFC cellar.
    The Twin Cities is the 15th biggest national TV market, Milwaukee is the 26th. Small market teams can win Super Bowls, the Patriots don't have much of a fan base outside of Massachusetts and the Ravens have a small fan base also. The Panthers are in the 32nd biggest market and managed to play in last years Super Bowl.
    [b:6191debc1d]it ain t easy being cheesy[/b:6191debc1d]
    [img:6191debc1d]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p834fa46b07efd9e3efdcb7cb577f214e/f73f7170.jpg[/img:6191debc1d]

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

My take on Packers!

I have to admit, losing twice in 3 years to the Officials in Green Bay is upsetting. I would hope that our guys use this blown game the way they used the last one - to launch a 9 game winning streak (Although, we should extend it 1 or 2 to lock in the SB for once).

Every rule I have read to date states that Ross had "Possession", and it should have been Minnesota's ball - that's old news. What I cannot find is a current list of "Reviewable Plays". Last year, possession (Loose ball recovery, in or out of bounds) was on the list, this year there is no "list" per se, simply a general overview.

In either case, it turns out that the guy who screwed us if it's reviewable was KEN BAKER (Hopefully not the R2-D2 variety), who was the Replay Assistant. He would have been the ONLY guy who could have called for a review after the two-minute warning.

I don't know if I buy into the whole "NFL Conspiracy" thing. Yeah, I think that some teams get more than their fair share of breaks, but I'd put that down to Official's subconscious bias, not Front Office pressure. As for teams getting breaks, I would agree that GB has won a couple of games off of them of late...but who hasn't?

Caine

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

My take on Packers!

Hey, I'm pissed off as much as the next viking fan, but there is no conspiracy. We had calls go against us, it happens and it has happened to the packers too! We have to just get over it and play better football (well not us, but our vikes!). One play isn't going to make or break a game!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

My take on Packers!

"cheesefree" wrote:
    I don't buy that conspiracy stuff, the Packers absolutely sucked for 20 years and the NFL did just fine with them being the in the NFC cellar.
    The Twin Cities is the 15th biggest national TV market, Milwaukee is the 26th. Small market teams can win Super Bowls, the Patriots don't have much of a fan base outside of Massachusetts and the Ravens have a small fan base also. The Panthers are in the 32nd biggest market and managed to play in last years Super Bowl.
    That was then. This is now. The packers have a charismatic player in Favre and the media has got behind him. Everyone knows his personal life, how he was addicted to painkillers, overcame that, the tragedy of the loss of his father and going out and having one of his best days in his career on the field, playing with a broken thumb, never missing a game, etc, etc....
    The media loves that. The NFL wants him in the spotlight. The playoffs are the biggest spotlight.

My take on Packers!

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Hey, I'm pissed off as much as the next viking fan, but there is no conspiracy. We had calls go against us, it happens and it has happened to the packers too! We have to just get over it and play better football (well not us, but our vikes!). One play isn't going to make or break a game!
    again, I'm not saying every play of every game is fixed. All you need to do to control the outcome of a game is a mere several plays. Pretty much like the Ross recovery and they gave it to the pack instead. Who won that game and why? The pack had the ball at the 46 instead of the Vikes being a mere 10 yards out of FG range......
    Thats all I'm saying.....for now.....lol

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

My take on Packers!

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    , but there is no conspiracy. !
    [size=7px][/size]

It is a conspriracy, Brett was seen by an undisclosed source after
    the game making out with the officials. Hey it's what I heard 8)
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast