Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Take

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

My Take

"iLUUUVpurple!!!" wrote:
    "404" wrote:
    Also, if the refs just stopped jumping on Favre's penis, then maybe they would not've given them that free time out, therefore, that 4th quater FG would only tie it...
    think about it, a QB needs to know if he has more downs. it was close enough to warrant a measurement. we lost. it sucks. we still have the playoffs though, now look ahead and quit making excuses for a 4th quarter collapse.
    If we make the playoffs... Somehow I can see this getting screwed up, like usual... we aren't going anywere... have you watched this team.. they have just plain out sucked lately. my grandma could pass on this defense. hell, shes probably better then harrington with the flu.

My Take

That team that supposedly gives up the 6th amount of points in the NFL gave up 47 to the Eagles. Do you think they have a better offense than us? I would take Culpepper over McNabb, Moss over TO, Burleson over Stinkston, etc all day long. To me that stat is just an excuse. Were they not the same D in the first half? Why did our playcalling turn so conservative after the half? We ran ran ran and then when we had to, we passed. Im tired of excuses, we need answers - and the coaching staff is where the problem is.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

My Take

Coming into this game the Pack was 20th in the NFL in points allowed. The Viks were 23rd. What is this 6th in the league referring too?

Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

My Take

"404" wrote:
    I also think whoever (likely Tice) chose to punt the ball under 2 min in the 4th quater needs to be fired as well. Packers have a history of last min come backs, do we really have a realistic chance at stopping them from a filed goal? Besides, after that Wiggins catch, I believe we were at 4th and 10 or so, we have a better chance of winning by attempting that then hoping our D can hold Packers to 0 points in 90 sec with 2 TOs.
    Agreed, I was thinking the same thing during the game. Better to take a chance right there than to put the game in the hands of our godawful defense... But no, we give 'em the ball back and watch Favre pick us apart, AGAIN. Sigh...

My Take

someone on the posts above said the Pack was 6th in scoring D. I agree with you Storm about us keeping the ball in our offense. I think Tice didnt want to hurt the D's feelings by showing no faith in them. Its just bad coaching move after another, i am starting to see a pattern. Please give the Vikings a new head coach for Xmas and the new year!!

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

iLUUUVpurple!!! is offline Waterboy

My Take

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Coming into this game the Pack was 20th in the NFL in points allowed. The Viks were 23rd. What is this 6th in the league referring too?
    '98 vikings defense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12