Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Take

My Take

Some people will blame the defense, but I do not. I think the offense lost this game. Do you all remember 98 when we just outscored everyone and went 15-1? That is the team we are with Moss..not a hardnosed run the ball down your throat team. We need to air it out. In my opinion, Scott Linehan is solely responsible for our underachieving on the offensive side of the ball. Guys, we didnt score an offensive TD in the 2nd half on one of the worst defenses in the NFL. That is inexcusable. We came out in the second half running the ball like we were trying to run to clock out and try our hardest not to lose...the Packers came out and gave it their all to win. So what if Favre threw that one pick...at least they tried passing the ball on a weak secondary. That cannot be said of our team. We have the best WR in the NFL, Nate Burleson, Jermaine Wiggins, and the list goes on...and our Pro Bowl QB wasnt given an opportunity to make plays. We would run, run, then when it was obvious, we would have to pass on a 3rd and long. Our team is based on offense, and that offense is based on passing. Go with your strengths, and if you lose, fine - but lose playing your best game. When we lose games like these, we lose by beating ourselves and holding back. To get over my rant, I think the solutions are simple. Start with a new head coach. I love Tice as a guy and I know the players love him too..but he is not made for coaching. He is too much of a players coach. From there, the new head coach needs to replace Linehan because he has done less with the most out of any offensive coordinator in the NFL. The new head coach also needs to evaluate Cotrell, but I think he deserves more time to get the players acquainted with the schemes and more time to get some new guys on that side of the ball. The game today was horrible and I hate thinking about it, but if the loss results in the changes we need as a football team, I think it was worth it. Our team is too good to wait around and let the talent expire...we need to make some moves and I hope this game is the catalyst.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

My Take

Different view and true, but I did notice that the Packers defense did step up a notch in the second half. The penalties got us too.
    Sean Saunders

iLUUUVpurple!!! is offline Waterboy

My Take

you're insane...that D was 6th in the league in poits allowed. besides, i think a 31 point effort is nothing to scoff at. our defense is BAD. period.

*edit

this is meant for the original poster.

404 is offline Rookie

My Take

I also think whoever (likely Tice) chose to punt the ball under 2 min in the 4th quater needs to be fired as well. Packers have a history of last min come backs, do we really have a realistic chance at stopping them from a filed goal? Besides, after that Wiggins catch, I believe we were at 4th and 10 or so, we have a better chance of winning by attempting that then hoping our D can hold Packers to 0 points in 90 sec with 2 TOs.
    da441406927a7aa8c47d42e2a95977b4

404 is offline Rookie

My Take

Also, if the refs just stopped jumping on Favre's penis, then maybe they would not've given them that free time out, therefore, that 4th quater FG would only tie it...

iLUUUVpurple!!! is offline Waterboy

My Take

"404" wrote:
    Also, if the refs just stopped jumping on Favre's penis, then maybe they would not've given them that free time out, therefore, that 4th quater FG would only tie it...
    think about it, a QB needs to know if he has more downs. it was close enough to warrant a measurement. we lost. it sucks. we still have the playoffs though, now look ahead and quit making excuses for a 4th quarter collapse.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

My Take

As bad as the defense is playing, its not gonna get fixed this year. Game plan for the offense, gameplan your ass off. Do nothing but think about scoring points. No ball control just wing it, what do we have to loose. We cant depend on the defense so just go out every week with the mind set of scoring on every time the offense touches the ball.

Thats the only way is to outscore the offense and hope the defense makes a play sometime in the game.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

My Take

"404" wrote:
    I have been reading your posts. You are very negative towards the team. Things like you hope they do not make the playoffs and lose next week. Why? If you bleed purple (like your avatar) you would NEVER want that, ever! Come 'on! We are Viks fans, thick skinned, the proud!

404 is offline Rookie

My Take

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I have been reading your posts. You are very negative towards the team. Things like you hope they do not make the playoffs and lose next week. Why? If you bleed purple (like your avatar) you would NEVER want that, ever! Come 'on! We are Viks fans, thick skinned, the proud!
    I just read a couple of my posts...You're right, I'll stop the negativity now :silent:
    I guess I'm just a bit frustrated...Plus my packer buddys are gonna my life hell for the next few days. :?

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

My Take

"iLUUUVpurple!!!" wrote:
    you're insane...that D was 6th in the league in poits allowed. besides, i think a 31 point effort is nothing to scoff at. our defense is BAD. period.

*edit

this is meant for the original poster.

I completely agree with you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast