Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

My State of the Vikings Address

Good Evening Loyal Vikings Fans,
    Tonight I would like to talk to you all about the present state of the Vikings. I know everyone are a bit riled up about losing an important game on monday night and that the calls for TJ's and Brad's head but I beg you to have patience. Why? Because it's too soon to demand action.

1) What team has ever won a superbowl changing Coaches in the middle of the season?
    2)
    TJ showed promise after his 3 week lay off. He has convinced me that he could be something special in this league.
    3) We were a recovered fumble or a punt return and or a few bad calls away from winning this game.
    4) Given the above, these issues are fixable.

I really would like everyone to stop bashing JA. Everyone expected him to come in and have 5 sacks in this game. Relax, it's not going to happen. We should focus on the parts of the game that are more important. Him being on the feild, increased the pressure KWill was able to get to on the QB. I am glad we signed him and I look forward to more games.

Enclosing,
    Last Season's Super Bowl winner record after 2 weeks was 0-2.
    I will trade a Superbowl win over a 1-0 start. Give it time.
    This is coming from Negative Nancy, himself!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: My State of the Vikings Address

I knew this was going to be interesting when I opened it.

I wasn't disappointed.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    Tonight I would like to talk to you all about the present state of the Vikings. I know everyone are a bit riled up about losing an important game on monday night and that the calls for TJ's and Brad's head but I beg you to have patience. Why? Because it's too soon to demand action.

1) What team has ever won a superbowl changing Coaches in the middle of the season?
    2)
    TJ showed promise after his 3 week lay off. He has convinced me that he could be something special in this league.
    3) We were a recovered fumble or a punt return and or a few bad calls away from winning this game.

I really would like everyone to stop bashing JA. Everyone expected him to come in and have 5 sacks in this game. Relax, it's not going to happen. We should focus on the parts of the game that are more important. Him being on the feild, increased the pressure KWill was able to get to on the QB. I am glad we signed him and I look forward to more games.

Enclosing,
    Which is why I expected something way different when I clicked this thread.

Well said Kevon, well said!
    ;D

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:

2)

Enclosing,

haha, Negative Nancy speaks the truth. ;D

Of course it's too early to fire anyone...we didn't play well and still had a chance to win the game. But when you have the ball with 2 minutes to go, good teams will get in a position to win the game. And JA will be fine...this will only fire him up even more to succeed.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

I want to take whatever happy pills you are on because you are one of the last people I would expect to write a post like this. ;D

I agree that we are all overreacting...just running on emotion of all the build up that led up to that game.
    Imagine the pressure both teams felt, thus the penalties and shaky play.
    We have a big home contest this weekend and I hope the home fans show TJack some support if he makes any early mistakes, because his confidence is important if he is to lead this team all the way.
    Personally I do not put too much stock into the first game of the season because we have all seen teams get waxed or do the waxing, and they end up the complete opposite by Week 8.

Let's go Vikes!!!
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

Now that the preseason is finally over, I'm expecting big things from this team. Go Vikings!

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Way to keep the sky from falling Kevon. The truth is, is that it takes a couple weeks for the offense to settle down. We still could have won last night had a few things been different, and we will grow from this and get better. We will reach our potential. A little stumble should motivate these guys, and if your gonna stumble, early season is the time. Punt coverages can be fixed, the ball will bounce our way, and the refs..... well they can't call this bad a game every time. This is the first game, and we have time to get where we all want to go.

I think i got the negative nancy moniker in the offseason where I wanted to go in a different dirrection than wat the team was doing. I am an avid Vikes supporter. However, all you can do in the offseason is critque the moves the team is making.

I would think we would rather judge the offseason than abandon hope after 1 game
    :

"PurpleTide" wrote:

Way to keep the sky from falling Kevon. The truth is, is that it takes a couple weeks for the offense to settle down. We still could have won last night had a few things been different, and we will grow from this and get better. We will reach our potential. A little stumble should motivate these guys, and if your gonna stumble, early season is the time. Punt coverages can be fixed, the ball will bounce our way, and the refs..... well they can't call this bad a game every time. This is the first game, and we have time to get where we all want to go.
    U would think we lost 34 to 0.
    We were competative in this game. We should have won but we didn't. I would be ranting if we lost 34 - 0 again.
    I don't like that chldress is 5-0 vs. Greenbay. That is near can status.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:

2)

Enclosing,
    While I agree that it's too early to fire anyone, I disagree that Jackson has shown us anything yet.
    I felt that the offense was stagnant through most of the game and that Childress is afraid to let Jackson step up and lead.
    So, the question becomes, "Why?". Is it because Jackson CAN'T, or is it because Childress is foolish?

Time will tell.

Caine

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast