Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

My Side Of The Fence

I must say that i can see why there arent a lot of packer articles on the site. It was kinda boring to read about that. No Offense.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

My Side Of The Fence

Good article los.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

My Side Of The Fence

Hovan??? Is that really you??? What happened to you, man...didja fall off the Viking Ship or something?
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

My Side Of The Fence

"Kleinsasser40" wrote:
    I must say that i can see why there arent a lot of packer articles on the site. It was kinda boring to read about that. No Offense.
    No offense taken.

Of course, I could easily make them "interesting" by stooping to Viking-baiting or doing some Packers-are-great/Viking-suck stuff, which I'm sure would get more people's attention.

I love the Pack, hate the Vikes, but recognize this rivalry as the greatest in the league right now. If I'm going to write articles, I'd rather focus on that than chest-thumping my team over yours. Coming onto a Vikes site and doing such would be in pretty poor taste.

I will work to improve.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

My Side Of The Fence

Good reads Los especially the first two. I was also not aware of how many people all over the world liked either the Vikes or Pack. You always hear about teams like the Cowboys, Raiders, and Steelers being so popular. I think one reason the Packers have so much appeal is their ownership...the fans. That kind of makes them seem like a "working class" team, kind of the way Pittsburgh always has been even though they aren't fan owned.

As far as the rivalry I became a Vikings fan in the late 80's. I hated the Bears more than any other team and the focus of it all was Mike Ditka. He always talked so much crap before the games. Plus the Bears just dominated everybody. But that hatred has kind of given way to the Packer rivalry. Those games really do get us more riled up.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

My Side Of The Fence

If you were to take a little time LOS you would have found out that the Vikings and Bears had a rivalry almost fron the start. The reason for that was the Vikings are the first team in the NFL to win the first game of their first season with a rookie QB. His name was Fran Tarkenton and he came off the bench to win the game. The Vikings had beat the "monsters of the midway" Chicago Bears. While GB was starting to win then thanks to a pretty famous coach and a pretty good QB named Starr it really did not last long. From 1969-1990 the Bears and the Vikings won all but one central division title. In the fifties the Detriot Lions were the big winners of the central. So GB has not really been a major player for most of my life. I will admit though that a very good rivalry has developed with the pack and yes it has made for many a great game. Long live the NFC Central (north).
    can we clone Bud Grant?

My Side Of The Fence

Damn LA, good articles, for a packer fan :scratch: but I guess I don't understand why that put you on the other side of the fence, we all will dig a trench you can crawl under no problem :idea: or I am sure we can back the old John Deer up put a chain around a few posts and tear down that dam old fence, :wink: we all know your a Vikings fan deep down inside just crying to get out :evil3: it's in the writing.

LA its all the chesse gas :fart: in the air over there :sign7: heck man walk around with a gaz mask on a few weeks, so the brain will start to get un numb and then you will be able to realize you really truely are a VIKINGS fan, who should move to Minnesota, :arrow: where the air is clean and crisp and the Vikings will be this years and for sometime to come i would like to add Division champions at least with a few NFL tropheys and ring to add over the next few years.

Ive been looking at land prices :-$ looking pretty good :-k now could be the time

Really get a Gaz mask your mind is a terrible thing.. :roll: no really J/K great articals ccasion5:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

My Side Of The Fence

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Hovan??? Is that really you??? What happened to you, man...didja fall off the Viking Ship or something?
    Yep Back for another year :cheers: I moved and am student teaching right now..so I am not on the net as much as I have been. Good to see that you are still around with others like Barfly, and havn't run and hid like the Packer BanWagon fans that have realized this isn't the pack's year. So tell me Los, do you think your team has a Chance? I'm not talking about supporting your team, because I know you would root for them win or lose, but seriously, I don't see the Pack doing much this year, what do you think? :colors:
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: My Side Of The Fence

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Since Webby hasn't given in to allowing a Packer fan to have an official article, I will continue to post mine. I posted the first two back in July and August in the Authors forum, which has since disappeared, so I am reprinting them with my newest article. Enjoy!
    Good writing style Los! :thumbright: I particularly liked your third story, especially the ending. Too many of these NFL (and MLB, NBA) primadonnas don't have a clue as to how good they have it. Of course, you have to post your literary works on our site because none of those Schmidt sucking, pickled egg inhaling, CheeseWhiz snorting, Jerry Springer re-run addict Slacker fans can read... :bootyshake: EXCEPT for Inferior00BarFly, but I think he was schooled somewhere on the frozen tundra! :tongue:
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

My Side Of The Fence

Good article Los...I enjoyed reading all of it. All rivalries set aside let's all hope for a "injury free" exciting football season.

And Los those Viking fans critiquing your post are obviously narrow minded. I've wanted to post something like that for so long but just never got around to it.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast