BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

My Rallying Cry -- (Insert Inspirational Music Here)

This season is huge for us. We have the talent to win it all this year. We all saw how our team played the first six games of the season. They were virtually unstoppable.

There is no reason that we shouldn't expect them to play that way again during the postseason. Why not? I see the same names on the back of those jerseys as I saw at the beginning of the year. These are the very same players that went 5-1 to start the season.

So what happened? They listened to the naysayers, that's what happened. They heard the people saying "Oh, they lost to the Giants. They're gonna choke again," and they began to fear that they would. They became tense and started losing games.

This team is good enough to beat anyone as long as they play their best. So there's nothing to be afraid of. We will win, as long as we know it the second we walk onto the field. We need to stop trying to win and just win already.

Why not? It'll surprise the hell out of everyone.

NO EXCUSES! LET'S JUST DO IT!!! :cheers:

[P.S. Is there anyone on this forum who works for the Vikings organization? I really feel that they should hear this.]

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

Del Rio Guest

My Rallying Cry -- (Insert Inspirational Music Here)

Any football player knows that when you put those pads on it's game time. This is the perfect game for us to play. We have been beat by the Pack twice this year and the anger should be there to inspire us a bit.

One thing I have wondered about is Daunte. Does he demand attention? Is he a leader? I remember Moss yelling at him earlier this seaon "Lead Us Daunte!!!!" He needs to step up that part of his game. He needs to get into his players heads a bit. Since he seems to have settled down and become more comfortable with what he is seeing it seems he should work on that aspect of his game a bit.

Just the fact that O line has played very poorly leads me to belive they need some prodding. Prod those cattle.

But this game comes down to heart and whos going to get that extra one yard, who's gonna make the big hits.

If I was Tice I would not preach any strategy this week. We play them enough to know what they do, just like they know us. Preech heart all week, preach dignity, show espn where they say the Vikes are the worst team out there. Pound it in thier heads they are a team to be recconed with.

I think Tice takes a very sensical and buisiness approach to the team and his excuses always include statements like "we should have won," "We have the talent" "We made too many mistakes" See when you focus on that stuff you create a closed enviroment and it becomes us against ourselves.

Stop that talk Tice at least for this week. Talk about outside factors make it us against the world. That way there are no fingers to point and no blame to spread. When a group of people go against a common enemy bonds are formed when there is hardship. We have had our share of troubles but all the focus has been channeled onto ourselves.

No schemes, no film, just hype attitude, and passion the rest is just details.

Pirate is offline Training Camp

Re: My Rallying Cry -- (Insert Inspirational Music Here)

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    This season is huge for us. We have the talent to win it all this year. We all saw how our team played the first six games of the season. They were virtually unstoppable.

There is no reason that we shouldn't expect them to play that way again during the postseason. Why not? I see the same names on the back of those jerseys as I saw at the beginning of the year. These are the very same players that went 5-1 to start the season.

So what happened? They listened to the naysayers, that's what happened. They heard the people saying "Oh, they lost to the Giants. They're gonna choke again," and they began to fear that they would. They became tense and started losing games.

This team is good enough to beat anyone as long as they play their best. So there's nothing to be afraid of. We will win, as long as we know it the second we walk onto the field. We need to stop trying to win and just win already.

[P.S. Is there anyone on this forum who works for the Vikings organization? I really feel that they should hear this.]
    Sounds about right to me. irate:
    Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam.

Winston Churchill

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: My Rallying Cry -- (Insert Inspirational Music Here)

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:

See thread I Dont Like This... :arrow: