Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: My question made the "Vikings Mailbag"

Way to go COJO.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jessejames09" wrote:
    I think the article has a good POV. But it doesn't offer anymore than one of us could. Very little 'inside knowledge'

That whole www.vikings.com site is a piece of poo. I emailed them to tell them how much it sucked last year.

My e-mail was so riddled with swears they probably deleted it.
    I was on dial-up internet.

pooh! That is how i found pp.o long ago i just remembered now. I was too fed up with loading for hours to read about the vikes.
    I am actually not much of a fan of the Vikings site either.
    Not enough dynamic content.
    Most teams have separated themselves from having fan forums on their sites, but they should at least have a columnist or two posting blogs three times a week or so.
    And maybe aggregate the Vikings news from around the area into an easy to read place.

Plus the flash driven hero spot is very 2003ish.
    The load time isn't bad, as there are more DSL and cable subscribers than dial up these days, but I imagine it would be horrible for someone still on dialup.
    All in all, I rarely use the Vikings.com site except for access to my season ticket account and use the dynamic seating chart when checking out seat locations from ebay.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    I think the article has a good POV. But it doesn't offer anymore than one of us could. Very little 'inside knowledge'

That whole www.vikings.com site is a piece of poo. I emailed them to tell them how much it sucked last year.

pooh! That is how i found pp.o long ago i just remembered now. I was too fed up with loading for hours to read about the vikes.
    Most teams have separated themselves from having fan forums on their sites, but they should at least have a columnist or two posting blogs three times a week or so.
    And maybe aggregate the Vikings news from around the area into an easy to read place.

The load time isn't bad, as there are more DSL and cable subscribers than dial up these days, but I imagine it would be horrible for someone still on dialup.
    All in all, I rarely use the Vikings.com site except for access to my season ticket account and use the dynamic seating chart when checking out seat locations from ebay.
    The Vikings actually did make some steps up in terms of having a few columnists in Mike Wobscol, and that Fiedler guy. Also they tried to make Tony Richardson host a few short segments as vikings.com TV around draftday. The problem just is that it's way to little of it.

As you said columnists or reports should write at least 2-3 stories a week. And I've seen the TV thing work with the 9ers with much longer and more frequent segments, hosted by their FB/RB Robinson

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:

The dynamic seating chart is cool. I have dial up at home (out in the woods), so I rarely visit the site when home.

COJO you are truly a PPO hero! I read that yesterday and thought about the huge Carter fan base at PPO,myself included. I'm not surprised the question came from here. Good work.

For some reason Childress doesn't seem to like Carter. I assumed it was because of his size and lack of speed. But he gets open and catches the ball. I would like to see him given a better look. I doubt that will happen.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Congrats on the recognition COJO......

I thought Carter had a hell of a pre-season last year also.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12