Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Del Rio Guest

Re: My name is Tarvaris ... and I am a workout-aholic

I understand that he wasn't able to unseat Matt Jones as a starter. Why did he go to a AA school? Why not a lateral move into another Div 1A School?

I still have my doubts. I could give a shit if he works out alot. What is important is if he can play football with the best? He hasn't even started Qb against the best college students let alone the best in the world.

I like this guy I hope he pans out to be a great QB for the next ten years or more
    You republican whore!

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I understand that he wasn't able to unseat Matt Jones as a starter. Why did he go to a AA school? Why not a lateral move into another Div 1A School?

I still have my doubts. I could give a pooh if he works out alot. What is important is if he can play football with the best? He hasn't even started Qb against the best college students let alone the best in the world.
    There've been a few decent players from his conference.

That Steve McNair fellow turned out ok, got to a NFL bowl game I hear.

And there was this guy named Rice...retired at 42, hasbeen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I still have my doubts. I could give a pooh if he works out alot. What is important is if he can play football with the best? He hasn't even started Qb against the best college students let alone the best in the world.
    Wouldn't he have had to sit out a year if he transferred to a D-I school instead of an AA school?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

There've been a few decent players from his conference.

That Steve McNair fellow turned out ok, got to a NFL bowl game I hear.

And there was this guy named Rice...retired at 42, hasbeen...
    Awesome 2 players out of thousands. Convincing argument you have going for you there.

Del Rio Guest

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    Wouldn't he have had to sit out a year if he transferred to a D-I school instead of an AA school?
    I think it depends on when he transfers if it was during the season or not. I will have to look into it.

Prophet Guest

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I think it depends on when he transfers if it was during the season or not. I will have to look into it.
    Quit fucking up the discussion with facts.

===============================

KFFL
    Vikings | Segal says team has had limited conversations with T. Jackson
    Tue, 25 Jul 2006 06:09:04 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports agent Joel Segal said the Minnesota Vikings have had limited conversations with him about a contract for Vikings' rookie QB Tarvaris Jackson.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

First of all, this is one hell of an article by Mr. Souhan. We rag on them for bad articles so for this one I applaud him. Going back to his childhood to give a history of sorts. It speaks to his character and to his work ethic.
    I particularly like his statement that his mother won't have to work if she chooses not to. No foregone conclusion or inference that people don't want to work.But instead the offer of a choice. This says something about character and attitude. So far Tarvaris seems to have his head in the right place.
    As for his football skills at a pro level; the tools are in the crib but we will have to wait and see if he can figure out how to use them.

Patience,not prejudgement is the key!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Del Rio Guest

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    First of all, this is one hell of an article by Mr. Souhan. We rag on them for bad articles so for this one I applaud him. Going back to his childhood to give a history of sorts. It speaks to his character and to his work ethic.
    I particularly like his statement that his mother won't have to work if she chooses not to. No foregone conclusion or inference that people don't want to work.But instead the offer of a choice. This says something about character and attitude. So far Tarvaris seems to have his head in the right place.
    As for his football skills at a pro level; the tools are in the crib but we will have to wait and see if he can figure out how to use them.

Patience,not prejudgement is the key!
    The problem is people mis interpret patience as negativity.

I don't assume he will fail, I am just not sold on him being successful. His ability to work out means very little to me in selling me on his ability to be an NFL QB.

You have people here saying OMFG he does situps I TOLD YOU I TOLD YOU HE is the second coming of Christ.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

He's only gonna be as good as he wants to be, aside from some of the party poopers in this thread i get real exited reading this. Anytime you have a guy as dedicated and motivaded as him theres reason to get exited. Another thing that catches my eye is the year to year improvement, anytime your getting a QB you want to see this.

I do think he will be our future QB and a good one at that, childress will work with him along with our new QB coach from virgina, if he stays dedicated he's got a nice future. He won't be thrown to the wolfs either, even if he does he's got a nice line in front of him (hopefully) and some speedy WR's.

IMO wether a young QB turns out or not has so much to do with his suroundings, does he have a line? Is there a running game? Does he have the coaching? I think people undersestimate these things, had rosenburger went to the lions he wouldn't be such the doll he is. I think Tavaris is in a good situation and he realizes that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234