Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    T-Bone is offline Rookie

My Honest Opinions

Can't blame Red for running the team the way he is...he stands to profit 400 million. He is not from Minnesota, doesn't have family there and he will cash his cheque and buy an island where no one will care how he ran the team.

Cortez may not be the best kicker, but he was involved in more tackles than any other viking kicker (may not say much of our special teams). His tackles weren't the typical kicker lie down in front of the runner, he actually threw his body into them. Well-respected.

Tice is not a good coach...but I bet he is a great guy to talk to over a couple of beers. I would like a new head coach but keep him on staff (will never happen).

I was having trouble with my Viking Update mailing service and I emailed Lurtsema. He responded immediately and sent me a number of issues via air mail. Classy guy.

Worst 6 bucks i have ever spent...bought a Stella Artois. I'd rather lick the sweat off Hovan's ass.

Which of you just pictured yourselves licking Hovan's ass? Sorry about that.

I feel we should keep Bennett as our feature back and use MMoore and Moe as much as possible. OSmith would be great trade bait. I don't think Smith will be a great team player in the future.

No one would stop us from reaching the Super Bowl if we drafted/signed a top CB, get Chavous healthy, let Russell go, sign two LBs with brains and speed. CPep with the ball more often...cool.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

My Honest Opinions

i agree w/ most of that excpet getting rid if russell and bennet being our feature back.
    getting rid of russell is a stupid idea. just dont let him start. he would be awesome on special teams. he can hit and tackle decently and look what hes done. obviously theres something 2 this guy. not starting material but a good football player nonetheless. (is that one word???)
    i think making bennet the feature back isnt best for our team. hes a good back and i understand your thinking on smith. i would like to give MM the chance to be a starting back and not switching to see whos giong to play better that day or who did better in practice. i think MM brings that smash-mouth running game i would love to see. but he can still dance around guys and make them miss. moe is starting to get alittle bit older and he cant move quite like MM, but he did have a nice td against GB. :cheers:

go vi :king: s!!!!!

My Honest Opinions

I think we need to trade Bennett, keep Russell as a backup, and hold on to MM and Onterrio

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

alberta_vike is offline Starter

My Honest Opinions

I don't mind the idea of trading Onterrio and keeping Bennett. Then let him and Moore battle for the starting job. I think that when they decide who to trade out of Bennett and Smith, they should go trade the one they can get the most in return for. For example if they can get a third rounder for Bennett and a second rounder for Smith (don't know how realistic that is but it's just an example), they should trade Smith.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

My Honest Opinions

"vikes09" wrote:
    getting rid of russell is a stupid idea. just dont let him start. he would be awesome on special teams. he can hit and tackle decently and look what hes done. obviously theres something 2 this guy. not starting material but a good football player nonetheless. (is that one word???)
    Or, start Russell if he plays better than his competition. I was in favor of letting him go, but I honestly think part of it is lack of competition for that spot. If we bring in more talented free safeties to compete I think he will work harder and play better. What I hope is that we find a better free safety, but if Russell can improve significantly, we should keep him.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Commander Ed is offline Training Camp

My Honest Opinions

Anybody else think MM could be OUR Brian Westbrook? There are simalarities, including the fact they probably can't be a featured back for 16 games.

Brian Russell was a ST monster, and I'd also enjoy him out of the starting line-up and back on kick coverage full time. I'm conviced Russell had all the stars and moons in line for him in '03. It's over.

Mossville is offline Starter

My Honest Opinions

I am also in agreement that Bennett should be our featured back with MM providing competition for the starting job. I think O. smith has some charecter issues and I believe once he gets a shot at FA, he is as good as gone.

Russell can be a back up but this guy is not a good starter at all. He may be good at special teams, but seriously, he is awful out there. The only reason he did anything last year was because he was out of place and the ball just magically found him.

I think we all are in agreement that if we can get a couple good smart LBs and a corner, we will be in great shape for a superbowl run next year!!...........as long as we can stay healthy!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

My Honest Opinions

"Commander Ed" wrote:
    Anybody else think MM could be OUR Brian Westbrook?
    Yes, I do!!! I like his intensity and think he has a lot to prove!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

My Honest Opinions

"vikes09" wrote:
    i agree w/ most of that excpet getting rid if russell and bennet being our feature back.
    i think making bennet the feature back isnt best for our team. hes a good back and i understand your thinking on smith. i would like to give MM the chance to be a starting back and not switching to see whos giong to play better that day or who did better in practice. i think MM brings that smash-mouth running game i would love to see. but he can still dance around guys and make them miss. moe is starting to get alittle bit older and he cant move quite like MM, but he did have a nice td against GB. :cheers:

go vi :king: s!!!!!
    I agree that we should hold on to Russell...he can be a good ST player and backup...I don't agree that MM is a feature back...I like him, but I don't think that he can do it for 16 games and the playoffs...I know that Onterrio had character issues, but he is probably the most complete back of the three...he is definitely the hardest runner, great moves and has the stamina to be the everydown back if need be. I do like Bennett, but I think that he would bring the most in a trade, so we should trade him for a decent defensive player.

BTW, congratulations...most people blow the spelling of the word NONETHELESS...yes, it is one word and you not only spelled it correctly, you used it correctly in your post. H-Town in the house!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

My Honest Opinions

thanks cajun. 8). your right about mewelde but the big question is is smith going to mess up in the future and leave us hanging???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast