Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

'My game's taken off,' McLeod Bethel-Thompson says

'My game's taken off,' Vikings QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson says

Charley Walters: 'My game's taken off,' Vikings QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson says - TwinCities.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    I would like to see the Hyphen play at full game speed. I do not believe we will see that though.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    I wouldn't mind seeing him for a series or 2, provided it wasn't only garbage time. How do you know you don't have the next Brady sitting on your bench? I don't get how so many of these QB's wash out without ever seeing the field and guys like Ponder get to suck it up for 30 starts.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing him for a series or 2, provided it wasn't only garbage time. How do you know you don't have the next Brady sitting on your bench? I don't get how so many of these QB's wash out without ever seeing the field and guys like Ponder get to suck it up for 30 starts.
    You sure the heck wouldn't know it from watching a series or two my friend.

Oh wait, you are already convinced Ponder is crap. That must mean you can evaluate talent faster than our coaching staff...........My apologies......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

'My game's taken off,' McLeod Bethel-Thompson says

Faster than our coaching staff? It took the like 5 years to figure out Jackson sucked.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Faster than our coaching staff? It took the like 5 years to figure out Jackson sucked.
    LOL, he's still in the league. Lot of teams looking for QB's next year, including the team he's on.........snicker.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

He can't be any worse than Ponder. He can definitely toss the ball with authority unlike Ponder.

And did I see Ponder throw a jump pass ala T joke?

Nice.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    You sure the heck wouldn't know it from watching a series or two my friend.

Oh wait, you are already convinced Ponder is crap. That must mean you can evaluate talent faster than our coaching staff...........My apologies......
    Those were 2 separate thoughts. I never said we'd find out if he were the next Brady after a series or 2, but it would be nice to find out what we have before we just cut him. Instead we're going to waste these final 3 games on Ponder when we already know what we have in him.

I along with 90% of the fan base, and most of the "experts" have evaluated Ponder faster than our coaching staff. We all have eyes. Most of us evaluated TJack long before the coaching staff did as well. Do you see a pattern? You on the other hand have supported TJack (still do?), ripped on Favre, and are now making excuses for Ponder. I let you off the hook with Favre because I think that was more about him being an ex Puker. But as knowledgeable as you seem to be about football, I don't want to see you anywhere near the QB making decisions of the Vikings anytime soon my friend lol.

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Those were 2 separate thoughts. I never said we'd find out if he were the next Brady after a series or 2, but it would be nice to find out what we have before we just cut him. Instead we're going to waste these final 3 games on Ponder when we already know what we have in him.

I along with 90% of the fan base, and most of the "experts" have evaluated Ponder faster than our coaching staff. We all have eyes. Most of us evaluated TJack long before the coaching staff did as well. Do you see a pattern? You on the other hand have supported TJack (still do?), ripped on Favre, and are now making excuses for Ponder. I let you off the hook with Favre because I think that was more about him being an ex Puker. But as knowledgeable as you seem to be about football, I don't want to see you anywhere near the QB making decisions of the Vikings anytime soon my friend lol.
    Great post.... We all knew early on T jack was T Joke.. We all knew early on some of the dogs we've had could not play. I will say it one last time. Ponder has the perfect scenario to succeed this year over most every young qb out there. He has the best runner in football by far with teams desperate to stop him at ALL COST, like yesterday. He has a vastly improved o line. He has a defense that can keep this team in games. He has the luxury of handing the ball to Peterson to the tune of 1600 yards in 13 games with 7 straight 100 plus games. What has he done with it? He's been turned into a guy that hands the ball off and gets OUT OF THE WAY... BY HIS OWN COACHING STAFF... That's enough for me to see what we are dealing with here. Weak arm, no pocket presence, no footwork, never sets his feet to throw. Refuses to pull the trigger and throw guys open. That's what the weaker armed qb in this league have to do to succeed. He failed in most every big game in college against strong opponents. He became relevant in the draft ONLY because of the desperation of teams for qb's early in the draft. If it was a strong qb class he would have NEVER been mentioned in the first or perhaps even the second round. It's so obvious what we have here. OUR OWN COACHING STAFF KNOWS IT, IT'S WHY HE IS NOT ALLOWED TO test a defense after continually being gashed by Peterson.......

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    LOL, he's still in the league. Lot of teams looking for QB's next year, including the team he's on.........snicker.....
    Exactly. The team he's on is looking for a QB. Does that say nothing to you?
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast